Background Image

Who here likes and use the Vengeance Storm Bolter?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, May 28, 2017.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, just checking to see if anyone who unlocked the Vengeance Storm Bolter is actually using it. It is a whooping 500LP for 110 penetration upgrade, I tried using it but only on a Veteran Sternguard and only managed to frag one guy out of 2 tries. How are you guys doing with it and any tips to make it more worthwhile than just taking a normal storm bolter or a bolter with blazing rounds.

Thanks for any advice and response in advance.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Haven't unlocked it yet. I hear it used to be a lot better before the pen balance, which saw Bolter go from 80pen to 100.

I see a few Vengeance Storm Bolters in PvE.
  3. acepost acepost Active Member

Hey, I have not played PVE for quite a while but never thought about using the Vengeance for PVE.....
  4. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

I like Vengeance Storm Bolter, BUT I'm not using him because he is too expensive LP , even for my veteran . :(
    librasky, Njord-Halfhand and acepost like this.
  5. With the current state of the God mode bolter you're better off in most situations with a Bolter. You can equip the CQC barrel and Box mag and you'll have tons of LP left over compared to what you'd pay for the Vengeance. And TBH you can beat a storm Bolter with a Bolter in close quarters.

The price of the Vengeance is insane and you'll get way more bang for your buck with a tricked out Bolter and more durability gear(for the extra LP that you're saving by not equipping the Vengeance).

It's really unfortunate that BHVR has made the Plasmagun, STorm and Stalker Bolters pretty much obsolete compared to the all mighty Bolter.

While the Bolter in lore is indeed the mainstay of all LSM and CSM forces, and while it should be good in EC at all levels of game play, we shouldn't be forced into cookie cutter builds if we want to compete.

For the price the Vengeance should do more damage and more armour penetration per shot. The price is feking outrageously high and you're getting shit in return compared to what you can do with a drastically cheaper standard bolter and a few cheap mods.
    Cath, LOBOTRONUS and acepost like this.
  6. It seems to perform moderately better, but the Storm Bolter in of itself a joke. Not quite as much as the lascannons that can't fucking hold zero when you scope and won't charge unless that little janky figure in the distance stops being so janky, but it's up there. Frankly, it's not Deathwing's stormbolters which were pretty good. Maybe not as killy as they could've been but you didn't have to be in something's face to land each salvo.
  7. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I rather use a regular SB instead.
  8. acepost acepost Active Member

Ok, and I thought I was the only one thinking it is not exactly worth its LP.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  9. b0ink7 Recruit

I don't know the math but I'm sure in most cases the ttk wouldn't even change from a normal storm bolter anymore and if so it's like 1 bolt difference from a weapon that already has a very high rate of fire.

Better to mod a textured grip to a regular one imo to be able to hit better at longer distances for 80lp less.
  10. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Check the Plasma Gun's damage. I think they buffed it and it's ALOT more competitive with it. Especially when you take into account LP prices.