Background Image

which version of Unreal engine is being used in Eternal Crusade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duximus, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

which version of Unreal engine is being used in Eternal Crusade? Anybody knows?
  2. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Outdated.1
    Cplex likes this.
  3. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

4.12, with an eventual update to 4.15.

If you're doing workshop stuff, build it in 4.12. Not all 4.15 stuff is guaranteed to work even after the engine update.
  4. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

any info on what we should be making? don't wanna waste time making assets that wont be considered.
  5. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

As far as I know, cosmetics and maps. Pauldrons, banners, helmets, etc. I'd bet cosmetic weapons are a go too. But absolutely make sure that any cosmetics you make are represented in either official 40k art (straight from the codexes and novels) or have official models from the Tabletop (forge world included) because otherwise they probably won't be included.

I heard animations might be also acceptable but I don't remember who I heard it from so that might not be true.

You can make maps but those are probably going to have a much more rigorous vetting process, and as such are probably less likely to make it in. Don't take my word for it though, I'm just speculating.
    XRuinX likes this.
  6. 4.15 was deemed not to give enough benefits. Nathan said once the sister team updates the super secret project to 4.17 they will reassess
  7. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

Aaaahhhh, so that's why we haven't heard anything about the engine update for a while.
  8. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

I'm keen enough to realize this part through context(, but really glad you were clear about it for everyone. Not that im really against when people think theyre correct off assumption, but i really appreciate clarification.
    Good to hear that the focus is on already GW approved items - means we can 'copy' theirs and it will be ok aka create 3d models with their references. Although id love to draw some sketches and/or make some inspired by amazing fan art, but if we're allowed to create whats already been approved by GW then that makes research easier.