Background Image

Which Race Would You Like To See Implemented Next.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FASAStampede, Oct 24, 2013.

?

So which is it?

1. Necrons

14.4%
  2. Imperial Guard

18.3%
  3. Adepta Sororitas

16.3%
  4. Tau

31.7%
  5. Dark Eldar

15.4%
  6. Other (out of slots here)

3.8%
  1. Mirijas Mirijas Curator

Thanks for the hint with this book. Like you can guess regarding my post, I haven't read it yet. It's now officially on my To-Read-List. ;)

But to be honest, I still don't like the idea of inquisition/IG (etc.) constantly fighting against the SM. I mean, aren't they all loyal to the Emperor? I can understand, that this might happen sometimes, but in EC it would be the complete time. Sorry, I'm to much purist for this idea... but I will like it, if I can kill IGs and some Sisters anyway. :D
    The Great Wolf likes this.
  2. The Great Wolf The_Great_Wolf Well-Known Member

Is a good book ;) blood ravens also in dawn of war.

Biggest difference is Space Marines regard the Emperor as mortal, their genetic grandfather, and the first founding ones regarded it primarch first then the emperor.
    The space wolves call " for russ and the allfather" is a good example.

It is this view difference that has caused many skirmishes and open war even, much like religious views today do unfortunatley, also many Space Marine chapters have genetic deffects the inquisition will not accept.

But in game terms it would be interesting how the guard fit in, cheaper vehicles maybe?
  3. autarch talara seertalara Active Member

instead of guard and SOB i would put up inquisition as a alternative easier 2 explain that they are here to monitor the sm chapters for heresy or there for the gray knights to destroy something deamony the other chapters got a hold of but thats my opinion

as for next race id say tau or necron tau because thay are interesting in a short blue shooty smurf kinda way and necrons because it would make a m8 of mine shut up about them not being there.. -_-
    Azkaellon likes this.
  4. autarch talara seertalara Active Member

ya they would have 2 up the game rating to 18+ u know what those bastards are like
  5. Shas'O Kais ShasO-Kais Active Member

The Tau empire would be the the next easiest faction to add into the game and I could think of several ways of implementing them allowing for a different and unique play style.
    [FASA] Stampede and Azkaellon like this.
  6. theddd theddd Member

Im fairly split between IG and Tau.
    Whereas Space Marines are rivals with Chaos. I feel that IG are rivals with Tau.
    As far fetched as it sounds, I think they should release them both at the same time, in order to create a counterpoint between the two factions.
  7. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

If geneseeds, mutants, CSM and a corpse-god wont make a game go up higher age-rating, then I don't think that wychsuits will do that either ;)
    Szunray likes this.
  8. Szunray Member

Oh come on, such little love for the Dark Eldar?
    I would love for them to be added next!

Just imagine, pacing the deck of a speeding raider, raining down splinter and dark lance fire on anything slower than you (which is everything).
    Packs of Hellions and Scourges circling a stranded squad like Vultures, whittling them down to nothing, before tearing them apart in melee.
    Sniping an Ork with a hexrifle in pitch darkness, and watching him turn into glass?
    I'd love to see what they did with the "power from pain" rule.

Dark Eldar would offer so much, both gameplay and lorewise.

I mean sure, they're sadistic, but this game is probably going to be M rated anyway.

I know Dark Eldar aren't really popular right now, but I feel that they COULD be if they ever got to see the light of day. They're the consummate sky-pirate race, arrogant, but justifiably so.
    [FASA] Stampede and Mngwa like this.
  9. JudgeBane JudgeBane Subordinate

Hell yeah, Tau is the most voted, I hope it reaches out to the devs.

I think it depends on what are they fighting for in EC, since they also clashed in Dark Crusade and Soulstorm.
  10. Kalvix Member

How could you not want the dark eldar... a race that needs to torture people to keep themselves alive.. why wouldn't people want to play that?
    Mngwa and Szunray like this.