Background Image

Which Class (pole Version 2)

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Noctifer, Dec 15, 2013.

?

Which of the following would you play as your main (that is not in yet)

1. Warlock would be my main no matter what!

28 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Swooping Hawks

15 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Fire Dragons

14 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Striking Scorpions

31 vote(s)
    24.2%
  5. Banshees

26 vote(s)
    20.3%
  6. Warp Spiders

59 vote(s)
    46.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

Let's correct this now: however as it was in the past, as of 6th edition both Banshees and Scorpions have Fleet, and neither has an advantage over the other. Scorpions are not slowed by their heavier armor.
    Also Banshees are utterly annihilated by Overwatch and Flamers in 6th ed. Let's not be too starry-eyed: charging into combat across a clear field of fire is as utterly suicidal as it's ever been. Only mob-oriented armies such as the Orks truly profit by those "tactics."
    Approaching through advantageous terrain is far more viable, and Striking Scorpions are trained to Move Through Cover as much as Infiltrate and Stealth.

A noise is more novel than *pewpew* head-lasers?
    It is your opinion and the conventions of conversation accord it a base amount of respect, but I reiterate my disbelief.
    It's been done. Whatever useful material effect as may manifest, that base is more assuredly covered.
    Every faction in this setting except Tau, Necrons, and Tyranids carry a chainsword of some kind as a CC weapon.
    And power swords are almost as common.
    I ultimately do trust that the devs can depict whatever weapons are chosen with sufficient artistry.
  2. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

Oh, and an improvement from 4+ to 3+ is not a small benefit. That's nearly 20% more survivability per hit and the threshold as which armor still protects from autocannon, assaultcannon, and macrocannon fire.
    That's big. That's "defy Instant Death" significant.
  3. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

That's an interesting idea, and one I can certainly support, to a point.
    However in the TT the vehicles that get a jink save get it on the basis of being maneuverable and are afforded the bonus even if they move one inch, which certainly doesn't suggest that speed is the prime factor.
    Additionally Shining spears get a bonus to this not for being especially fast, proven by their not getting an additional movement allowance, but rather for being more skilful riders. Again the emphasis is on agility and not speed.
    So claiming that jink is a consequence of speed rather than maneuverability doesn't really make sense.

This makes how Swooping hawks are realised in TT stand out a bit in comparison to their lore.
    IMO when GeeDubs were looking for ways to make them worth the points by boosting their poor survivability they should really have considered giving them a jink save to reflect their extreme agility, or like Cyke said, possibly even allowing them to function as a Flyer while flying high, rather than the unimaginative route they took of just boosting their armor to 4+.
  4. I would love to see some Harlequin classes (shadowseer mostly) but if I had to settle on any class--howling banshee all the way
  5. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Banshees are a bit quicker with a new codex with their extended runs, but true.

Gunhats are cool yeah, I heard incubi had them once ^^

Also... the only Dark Eldar who has a chainsword was in a fanmade story. Cant remember any IG with one, either, but not 100% sure with that.
  6. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

IG has chainswords, sergeants commisar and commanders can have one.
  7. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

Technically, rule-wise, the only persons in the Imperial Guard with a chain weapon are Ministorum Priests with Eviscerators.

That's merely because all chainswords are equivalent to close combat weapons so there's no point mentioning them.

Commissars', Sergeants', and Ministorum Priests' models actually often carry them

Lore-wise, Lord Commissars, Platoon Commanders, Company Commanders, Commissars, Sergeants, Priests....lot of people...
    IdranelLives likes this.
  8. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

Ibraham Gaunt famously slew his traitorous uncle by doing something supposedly impossible: he stabbed him with his chainsword.
    AdmiralAvocado likes this.
  9. Bjorn Hardrada Bjorn_Hardrada Well-Known Member

because everyone knows Ibram Gaunt is overpowered, and so are the abilities of his scout troopers to apparently make no noise ever and disappear in plain site :p
  10. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

NERFGAUNTPLZGGLOL