Background Image

Which Chaos Legion Will You Be Joining?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by StevenLumpkin, Nov 4, 2013.

?

Which Chaos Legion will you be joining?

1. Black Legion

501 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Iron Warriors

551 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Word Bearers

500 vote(s)
    22.3%
  4. Night Lords

695 vote(s)
    30.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well they are an option, too, but I still wouldn't bet too high for them...
    I find it quite sad that the Legions we get don't look too awesome, lorewise I would go with NightLords, hopefully they won't look too ridiculous, colourwise the Black Legion looks best, but damn, I don't want to be a Follower of Failbaddon
  2. My general point is what is there to stop the single god factions from being essentially one unit spam armies, like pretty much every World Eater being a berserker, and would if are the if the other subfactions get these units, then they pretty much lose their specialty, mechanically speaking. Really just pointing out I'm unclear how many additional Legions are included, and I'm a little concerned with if all 4 of the god factions are included then they potentially lose out on another, particularly if they are spam armies that don't particularly add a tactical advantage that wasn't already there.

Also PlaguePriest, I'd say the Word Bearers are still a real Legion, they just have a different administrative system, a council instead of a Warmaster.

I'm not advocating boycotting, just pointing out a concern. One I'm not particularly passionate about.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Then they will need to figure something out (even if i think theres nothing to figure out really), obviously the amount of god legion fans is nothing you can wave your hand at and ignore, they compose a giant part of the Chaos fanbase. And again the only reason the actual subforum isnt invaded by tons of outcries and requests from the same fans is cause they said god dedication and god legions will come later on.
    And again your issue is moot. Aside from the World Eaters the other god legions can fill any current class role we will have ingame. Noise marines arent all wielding Blastmasters to the last man. And Plague Marines arent all carrying around a bolter.

Plague Marines known arsenal consists of Boltgun/Plasmagun, Missile Launcher, Plague Knife etc. They fulfill the roles currently available to the other legions nicely. And raptors exist in all four god legions.
    So what lack of diversity are you seeing here? Cause aside from the World Eaters im seeing none. They are well on par in class roles with the Undivided legions.
  4. I beg to differ.
    Not all World Eaters are brutal Berserkers, just like not ever Emperors Children waves around with some Blastmaster.

May I remind you of (the somehow forgotten) "Teeth of Khorne", World Eaters Marines which live for the slaughter on long ranges.
    Usually seen with Autocannons, these World Eaters were the replacement for the regular Havoc.
  5. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

I was actually referring to psykers, aka the only role a World Eater cannot fill.
    Though they do like melee allot more than range, which doesent make it a non existent thing in their legion (nor did i claim it was).
  6. Okay that's something I totally blended out for a second...
    Well there are some passive Psykers, but nowhere close to an sorcerer.
    If we'll get some World Eaters post release, the Dev team will come up with an idea
  7. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

The Black Legion, canon-wise, is a more interesting body to me than their actual appearance. It's more or less made up of a smaller number of Sons of Horus and a larger proportion of other Chaos legionaries who have become enamored with the power and charisma of Abaddon and turned from their own primarchs. But more to the point the Chosen of Abaddon and their troops are kick ass. I doubt it will get touched in this game but just lore-wise the sub-cults like Hounds of Abaddon would make me a happy enough camper if I were a World Eater fanatic.
    Ghost XV15 likes this.
  8. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Oh, and I appreciate the idea of post-release or even some special edition add on pack in the future to allow access to that content. That's a good suggestion. Some high level reward or in game purchase granting access to a dedicated CSM legion, Legion of the Damned/Grey Knights for SM, Harlequin troops etc. If your sub-faction was that limited in size then the interplay would be harmed to some extent; the smaller you are the weaker you are in theory (although immune to Nids I guess).

I'm hoping they just eventually concede and expand the full 9 legions and maybe 1-2 of the greater warbands as full expansions. If they end up adding something like Thousand Sons go all the way; ghosts in armor with magic guns, don't just retexture a Night Lord. That would only make sense in an expansion to me: I find it hard enough to believe one of the present factions wouldn't just virus bomb the planet atm, let alone the entirety of the galaxy fighting over anything less than a star system or even segmentum.
  9. zealot's wrath New Member

IF i did join the chaos faction i really wanted to be the thoasand sons but since they are not in the game yet then i dont know which one to join.
  10. Talos Seelenkrank Subordinate

CRIMSON SLAUGHTER!!! <.<;
    But Night Lords win this time, they never get enough love.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.