Background Image

Which Chaos Legion Will You Be Joining?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by StevenLumpkin, Nov 4, 2013.

?

Which Chaos Legion will you be joining?

1. Black Legion

501 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Iron Warriors

551 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Word Bearers

500 vote(s)
    22.3%
  4. Night Lords

695 vote(s)
    30.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mechanics wise, not lore/immersion, won't god dedication and addition of special units, plague marine/rubricae/noise marine/berserker, really cover the role of the single god Legions, particularly considering that some like the World Eaters essentially mercenary warbands anyways.
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Mechanics wise, they could have went with a single subfaction for all races and still would make the game work from a mechanic standpoint. This is the part of the game where immersion trumps mechanic.
    I want to be a Death Guard at one point, just like a White Scar fan would at one point want to be a White Scar.
  3. Plague Malgaroth Cipher

Ughh, but the Death Guard barely even appreciate Nurgle. They started as forced servants, only sharing their gifts because they saw them as a curse. The only one worth looking at is Typhus. I don't even like Mortarion to be honest
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Actually if anyones to look up to id rather go with Necrosius than Typhus, but thats just me.
  5. Plague Malgaroth Cipher

I like the Demons of Nurgle better than most of his mortal servants. They get it. Like Ku'Gath, he's a sweetheart
  6. But therein lies the other problem, how many chapters can we include until it ruins the atmosphere. If we add all single god Legions then that's at 8 Legions, story-wise that's a big check to write as far as that many core Chaos Legions committing to one massive campaign. For us, not as big of a thing, but the numbers will assumedly be balanced as far as included sub-factions. The main point being they can't please everybody, especially since of how much different content there is.

Pertaining to the initial point, what is it that would make the god-aligned legions operate as more than say, in your case the Death Guard being more than just a gathering a Plague Marines. Eh, well a few Blight Sorcerers as well.
  7. Bajinda Bajinda Curator

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/sons-of-the-emperor.7595/

Let us see the outcome of this glorious opportunity, brother.
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

They already expressed their willingness to add more legions post launch, im not seeing why you are arguably boycotting their good will. The god fans of the forums (even from way back at the start of it) stopped with their cries for god legions simply cause they figured that in the end undivided is arguably a better starting point from a development perspective, and that they were told they would get included later on. They needed to write bigger nonsense into the game already, adding more subfactions isnt the worst thing when looking at it from a lore perspective.

Countering the example of your initial point, what would make the Word Bearers, Iron Warriors and the Night Lords operate any more differently than the Black Legion? All the classes of the above 3 legions exist in the Black Legion too, heck with the god aligned warbands that exist in the BL we dont need anything. So lets just ship the game with only the Black Legion shall we, they already encompass everything Chaos can be through their warbands system.

If they didnt want to please this immersion aspect of the community they wouldnt even put in the vote for the 5th. Fortunately they do, so again not seeing your reason to argue against something like this
    Redmorgan and Galen like this.
  9. Plague Malgaroth Cipher

As to a half decent reason to cause so many legions to commit....well for Chaos that one's easy. The only real 'Legion' anymore is the Black Legion, everyone else is split up and divided into a huge number of different warbands across different warp-rifts. Giant misgatherings of traitor legionaries. Otherwise the Black Crusade pen and paper books would never work, yo. Spread across the stars like a blight, they're not cohesive, organized forces anymore.

Death Guard marines would probably have a stat difference, trading out toughness/health for mobility. Maybe a small AoE of constant low-damage output from the nasty plague-y bits.
    World Eaters might have bonuses to melee as a rule (though I think that ALL World Eaters are berserkers 'cuz of the Butcher's Nails).
    Emperor's Children would move rather quickly and have access to sonic weaponry. Could also work with a power-from-pain mechanic.
    Thousand Sons would probaby have minor psychic powers for their non-sorcerer bits, boost to Tzeentchian powers, and have access to Rubric Marines as a tactical class (if they go that far into it)
  10. I am honestly very dissapointed by the Chaos Legions we'll get.

I would love to play as a crazy Berserker of Khorne, so I really, really hope that there will be a propper option to go with one Chaos God.
    In the end I think they all are cool and I will take my time to think about it, but I will maybe go with the Night Lords.

Anyhow I will never, NEVER follow Failbaddon and his Fail Legion! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.