Background Image

Which Chaos Legion Will You Be Joining?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by StevenLumpkin, Nov 4, 2013.

?

Which Chaos Legion will you be joining?

1. Black Legion

501 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Iron Warriors

551 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Word Bearers

500 vote(s)
    22.3%
  4. Night Lords

695 vote(s)
    30.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henherr Meridian Arkhona Vanguard

Iron Warriors :)
  2. Rexipher Rexipher First Blood!

Ave Dominus Nox
  3. Good question, initially it would have been Iron Warriors (gotta love them hazard stripes) but the more I read about them, the less I respect them and their cry-baby primarch. Night Lords aren't even an option because, like the Space Wolves, they are the joke option that I can't take seriously at all (this coming from a guy who loves every aspect of Ork Kultur).

Probably Black Legion at this point.
  4. AmonKoth AmonKoth New Member

Peuterabo may not have been the most optimistic but his use of the "Math of War" can definitely not be under estimated. Warfare is a mathematical equation that is only solved in men and metal. It's pretty fatalistic and brutal, but that is the IVth legion in a nut shell, and that is why I will always cry "Iron Within, Iron Without" as I charge into battle.
  5. FurryFury 35sm New Member

Took Black Legion, and i hope to see some one like Emperor's Children in the near future :rolleyes:
    Yay!
  6. Technogeist Technogeist Active Member

Night Lords for their voices and ability to sometimes momentarily blend in as Ultramarines in some of the areas with shittier lighting.
  7. Attias Attias Prefectus

I just made a Chaos Marine character and chose the Black Legion.

I do have a question for the experts here though: I thought the Black Legion color scheme was black with yellow/gold trim. When I look at my character, the armor trim seems to be some weird dark copper or burnished brass color instead. It really stood out when I equipped the Rage Spitter bolter (which is supposedly used a lot by BL Champions) and the more yellow/gold of the weapon trim did not even closely match my own armor. I feel like the armor trim on the Night Lords and Iron Warriors are actually a better match than what we have. Perhaps more than anything, the lack of consistency kind of irks me.

Anyway, it's the least of the issues out there right now and not really a big deal; I just thought I would ask anyone who may have actually painted them to see if EC got their colors right:)
    Gravord likes this.
  8. Samiel DanteYoda Subordinate

Anything with Slaanesh... So none of the above i guess.

If forced i guess Word Bearers.
  9. Azrakhai Exosus Arkhona Vanguard

Also Abaddon's Grace which I assume would also be a BL weapon follows the more golden trim.
    I was actually playing DoW / DoW2 recently again and noticed the BL scheme there IS the golden trim.
    To be fair though I actually do prefer the copper / bronze overall.
  10. Azrakhai Exosus Arkhona Vanguard

Personally I went with Black Legion although I did consider Word Bearers and Iron Warriors as I do like their lore and style. Unfortunately there was 1 thing hindering my choice which was the voices. I honestly can not play a faction if I don't like the voice as it's something you'll hear often and I prefer the BL voices and their lines more.

Iron Warriors have a couple 1 worded lines which are very abrupt. i.e DEATH. Like it sounds like they're going to continue the sentence but the mic cut out immediately.

I did like the Word Bearers voice because it sounded slightly higher pitched and a bit faster, making them definitely sound like chaos fanatics but overall I think the BL has the best mix of a good threatening voice with good voice lines.

Just my opinion on them anyway.

[Edit] If I ever had some spare money, I might consider buying a couple of character slots so I could have a a Word Bearer or Alpha Legion as well. They were the first 2 Legions I was introduced to in DoW so they do have a soft spot in my heart (Although I will admit I don't actually know a lot about Alpha Legion..Really need to read up on them)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.