Background Image

Which Chaos God Is The Best?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by StevenLumpkin, Oct 17, 2013.

?

Which Chaos God is the best?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2013.
  1. Tzeentch

226 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Nurgle

140 vote(s)
    19.7%
  3. Slaanesh

124 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Khorne

220 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Which we've established is Slaanesh.

As per his own Palace layout and the Tome of Excess.
  2. Sigvald Darthy Curator

But the thing is you haven't actually mounted a viable counter argument to -any- of this. If you had a single source...two of the sources I just cited coming from GW partnered with Fantasy Flight Games which we apparently don't read or listen to, then maybe you'd have a point, but so far all you've said is 'No it isn't' when everything has pointed contrary to your opinion.

I'm not even THAT invested in Nurgle, i'm firmly in the Slaanesh camp, but even the most cursory glance through the books, the Lexicanum, or a casual conversation with anyone invested in 40k lore will tell you these very basic things about him. It's a core part of his duality.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

No not really. Thats like saying Khorne needs followers for there to be actual violent murder across the galaxy, or that Slaanesh needs followers for there to actually be excess in the universe.
    All disease, from the smallest of colds to the more rapid of plagues are Nurgles domain, and those do not need actual willing servants to spread, basic biology.

Id suggest reading the Liber Nurgle to get a better understanding of him.
    Corphy likes this.
  4. Here's a hint, I don't agrees with you, they don't agree with you, because that's not how it's written. If what's most important to you is wealth then you want it in excess, as in beyond your actual need of it. And there is already a god of excess.

Though a different type of greed would be a desire for power, which is a form of ambition. Thus falls into a realm of Tzeentch.
  5. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Which is of course when they start to overlap and you get the debate over if Chaos undivided is it's own separateentity or this giant multi-headed hydra thing with dozens of masks like it was from a Song of Ice and Fire or what, at a point they really just start mixing together with only the vaguest distinctions between...which oddly also reflects the warp where they domains are interlocked and overtake and recede over each other.

Point is, chaos is confusing.
  6. Tyrant Tyrant Prefectus

Its funny how simple this answer is but so many have opinions but refuse to read the lore. Read blood of anshim and blood gorgons.
  7. Forever Dancing First Blood!

Well people do like to spread a good thing.
  8. I don't know why but I find Khorne followers more interesting in the 40k setting than in the fantasy