Background Image

Where Are The Blood Ravens?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Miletos, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Miletos Miletos Subordinate

Im sorry, but im new on Warhammer lore and just started playing Warhammer Dawn of War(PC) and the blood ravens are the main space marine chapter on this game and his sucessors.
    So can anyone explain why they dont be one of the 4 initial spacemarine chapters in this game?:confused:
  2. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Because the Blood Ravens are a home-made chapter (that in my opinion should never have been made official) made by THQ so they wouldn't destroy anyone else's lore with their meh storytelling.

They are the people who had General Vance Stubbs lose 100 Baneblades after all.
  3. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Blood Ravens weren't even canon until DoW was such a big deal. They're borderline heretical a lot of the time with all the gear they "acquire". The chapters so far are some of the best representations of what Space Marines are and they're all First Founding chapters.
  4. Bramif Bramif Subordinate

100 Baneblades?!!? Holy shite.... :eek:
  5. Tarr Tarr Subordinate

In fact, if we pick DoW2 lore and some "facts" wroten somewhere in internets, it is the Imperial Guard, who has won in Kuruava subsector.
    And it is Kuruava Campaign, where tthe Blood Ravens lost 5 full companies, because of captain Indric Boreale.
  6. Locutus Locutus Arkhona Vanguard

Where are the Blood Ravens? Hopefully they are far, far away from this game.
    thantrus, Plongo, Karrgoot and 19 others like this.
  7. The Blood Ravens are actually quite a minor chapter in the grand scheme of things. I have no problem with them being canon but they're really not all that big. They're sort of a Relic Entertainment Specialty Menu Item, if you will, only Relic ever shows them in video games.
  8. Actualy im pretty sure theres 1 in space marine, in one of the larger fight scenes, easter egg prob
  9. Locutus Locutus Arkhona Vanguard

A Blood Raven squad joins you during the final push across a bridge near the end of the game. Space Marine was a Relic game, so it's nothing special.
  10. Ah ok my mistake, still they are outside DOW