Background Image

Where all the Eldar homies at

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rokdakgut-rippa, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Is it just me or is the Eldar Playerbase just dreadfully low now, Its a little depressing when an entire faction drops out pretty much.

Whats going on guys, tell me; I'm confused and scared
  2. TIDDER tidder New Member

Nerf fatigue ??
  3. I played Eldar yesterday and had some dude go, "you have Swooping Hawks, you can't talk"

but dude, LSM literally get giant flaming skeleton cyborgs and they act like everyone else gets the op cool shit.
    Zaxie likes this.
  4. Zaxie Zaxie Arkhona Vanguard

I'm glad us Xenos can agree on something.
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

From the perspective of someone that plays all the factions I do think swooping hawks are often bullshit. They'll go where no one else can go and just peek over the edge and shoot at you without you being able to find the elevation necessary to uproot or kill them. Thanks to their long glide they can also reach areas inaccessible to other jump characters and get the most utility for fuel out of their gliding style of flight. That said, they're fun to play as and are definitely the odd one out when it comes to jump characters. Perhaps if the flakk property on quadguns, predators, autocannons, and ork tanks were more effective I would have less of an issue with them. They fit the elder playstyle well though, so I think they should stay as is despite my perception of bullshit.
  6. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Probably gone AFK until Eldar campaign eventually comes out or they actually get something new to use like a weapon rework or an actual new weapon, I know I've been playing Planetside 2 and Mount & Blade way more than EC lately.

And if the steam summer sale is today then rip even more as I empty my wallet on more cost effective things.
    Cegorach likes this.
  7. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

They have such low health that they die in two hits to some weapons... ffs. Takes what, 1/5th of the rounds in a bolter to kill them? Point and click.
  8. Across all factions it's low. Minority factions take the hit for it.

I think most of us are waiting for the campaign though.
  9. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Yes, let me point and click at them when they are hiding on a mountainside or a plateau far above the elevation any of us can reach. The high ground is a major asset to the hawk and they use it well.

I'll give you an analogy. Try to hit someone that is crouching behind cover with the mortar shot of a plasma cannon from a lower elevation. You will often get one of two outcomes. The first is that your shot hits the cover, conferring no damage to your target. The second is that the plasma flies over the cover, over your target, and then hits a wall much further back than where you had intended it to land.

That is what it's like to try and eliminate a hawk that is camped up on a superior elevation even the other race's jump units cannot reach. And usually the only thing that makes those hawks move is not having enough targets from their perch or running out of ammunition. Yes, my bolter can melt them, but what good is a bolter, a sword, a plasma cannon, if they are hiding out of my reach? Out of everyone's reach. Want another example?

A hawk can fly up onto the monastery at Harkus near the balcony overlooking the courtyard. From there he can shoot anyone that comes up to shoot from there, all the while hiding on the rooftop directly around the corner. How do I know this? Because I effectively shut down the entire space marine attempt to use that balcony despite them knowing I was there and that I was waiting. Because I was too high to effectively fight back against.

So again, I think the swooping hawk fits the elder and that they shouldn't be nerfed nor other jump classes buffed. But they often make the eldar unfun to fight when they start attacking from angles of impossible height and that is why I call bullshit on them. Low health isn't a factor when you can't even be targeted. I will say one thing, they are outdoor predators, meaning that if a team is smart enough to stay inside where points usually are they are out of their element and very easy indeed to kill.

As for the flakk property, I likely would have less difficulty with them if flakk worked properly. That doesn't mean it would be fair to the hawk. Don't take that bit as me saying hawks are too strong, it was only a mention of my noticing the flakk property is not all it is cracked up to be.
  10. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

I ain't reading that wall of text text, LOL. This is a l2p issue.
    Twirl likes this.