Background Image

When do I get access as a Founder to Closed Alpha?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Oveur, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Hello everyone!

I wanted to help out clarify something that apparently, nobody in the known universe understands in the same way. This is because we changed the scope of what we give early access to, and we tried to simplify so someone would understand. You can most certainly blame me for this mess, and right now, everyone and their grandmother is angry at me. So here goes:

First, people were going to have access to individual modules, inspired by Star Citizen.

And, there were waves of access tied to packages, and others were first come first server.

Then, we decided to not spend time on these modules, and instead, go straight for the jugular, a vertical shooter slice.

Then we tried to simplify and merge the first come first serve, with the packs, and the side-effect that buying more points and recruiting, could update the "pack" you actually have.

Confused yet? Yes, so am I. And no matter which we were going to simplify it, because the previous method did not fit with the new direction, someone would get the short end of the stick. So I have this for you, which is good news for all.

We get more server hardware, and we invite much faster than I originally intended. Like 100s, just on Monday.

And we keep on doing that, unless something catastrophic is happening, like crashes or unplayable stuff.

What I'd like to say right now is that all with Captain and above, counted by points because you can get higher packs through accumulating points, will be in by the end of September. But I can't promise that right now. We need servers, keys and everything set up for it. However, that is my goal.

For all intents and purposes, don't worry. Skynet is taking care of sending out the invites in batches, and the earlier you bought, the earlier you get in. But earlier is now a question of when over a period of 2 weeks.

Sergeant I currently want to estimate in October, and Warriors in November. Now, this isn't a promise, because I have to many unknowns. That is the nature of Alpha. We're supposed to try to break and destroy every single thing. If a server blows up? Great success! But if we don't get it fixed fast or enough hardware to handle the volume, then I won't invite 5000 people into a bloody mess.

OK - Maybe I would but you get my drift.

So while I appreciate you assembling and trying to figure out an exact date on when you come in, it is impossible for you, and for me to know. Because I will push hard on invites per day, which will vary any given day, and as a result, nobody knows what day exactly you get in.

But I just pushed the turbo button. I hope you understand, and find that acceptable.

<3

Nathan
  2. Aconti Aconti Scribe

Rest assured, myself and my grandmother aren't angry with you (you're doing an excellent job). :)
    omarx, HAXTC, Savage and 6 others like this.
  3. Crioxus Arigulius Crioxus Arkhona Vanguard

[​IMG]
    Let's go !
  4. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

.... now i am confused.

Nvm i understand.

it's no about captain pack but about having 120k+

so the general interpretation was correct.

it's not about "warrior" "sergeant" "captain" "hero of the imperium" but only:

120k+ = first wave ordered by date
    or
    120k-80k = second wave ordered by date
    or
    80k-40k = third wave ordered by date

the points can be obtained by various source (referral, upgrade, subscription), the source don't matter: matter the point range .
  5. Batpimp Batpimp Moderator

you will know when I enter
    Jericho likes this.
  6. Intercept Inter Prefectus

its always the best to wait and get an official answer than forum gambled trolling (what, when, date of purchase....)

well explained Nathan.
  7. instead of date i would love to see the postion in the waiting quewe ;)
    Crioxus and DoomJester like this.
  8. I hope everyone knows that the attempts to compare buyingdates are all in good fun, and not really anything too usefull. Not only have we no Idea of the total Number of Founders, nore is the Forumcommunity representative.^^ And in the end it really doesn't matter if you wait 2 days or 6 or even 10.
    But it seems like a fun thing to do in a Forum when everyone is hyped and waiting :D
    And for me statistics are always interesting, so seeing how many Captains are there, and how many Seargeants (even if its totally inaccurate) and how many people bought on the first day and how many in the first week is quite nice.

I was never confused or angry, but it seemed like many people were. Lets just say good that its clear now :D
    omarx, Dylaniato, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  9. Sounds great, lets add to their workload so that Access is delayed more! Oh... wait...
  10. Serg Serg First Blood!

I think the most correct information about what wave you in are is this.
    [​IMG]
    And you can open it from here:
    [​IMG]