Background Image

What's your Favorite Map?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Jul 26, 2017.

1. the garrison is basically a day-time torias refinery with added bits.
  2. But it is different enough to be a new map. And we could use a couple of those.
  3. IshanDeston Ecaja Steam Early Access

Like the most:

1. Ronan - Definitely one of my favorite Maps to play. Good to defend and attacking also doesn't seem impossible. Especially love the defense of the walls.
    2. Olipsis - Close enough together to walk between the points. Never feels like there is a dull moment.
    3. Pegasus - See Olipsis.

Dislike the most:

1. Zedek - I see to many rushes on this map, where the attacker steamrolls the defenders and thats not fun
    2. Torias - Map is to large. If you just defended A and C comes under attack, you have to redeploy, because you just cannot get over there quick enough to defend, and usually there are always 2 points contested, so you can just dig in at one spot.
    3. Blackbolt - Map is just to linear with to many choke points and the starting area is simply to far away to walk. This should be a Siegemap akin to Zedek. With secondary objectives such as activating the elevator platforms and "locked" doors (that can be destroyed with meltas) to open alternate routes.
  4. IshanDeston Ecaja Steam Early Access

Nah, we don't. We need ways to shake up the rut on the maps we have. We do not need them to waste months of production on a new map that is gonna be "same old same old" after a week.

What we need are new gamemodes.. secondary objectives that might transform the battlefield. Say you make Blackbolt a siege map, with locked door ways blocking passage ways and buildings which have to be destroyed for attackers to make new routes.. maybe having to power a generator to unlock the lift plattforms.. things like that.

You can do a lot on the existing maps that would require less effort, and mix it up much more. Having a new map is gonna be old in a week or two.
  5. [QUOTE="jbregg, [/QUOTE]
    good to see you around by the way, aint heard from u in a while.
  6. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

I remember a grand total of two map names in 300 hours of play,Ronan because I hate it and black bolt because I like that map even though none else does.
    But I'll try.

The imperial themed desert one that used to make you all oiled up for no reason.

The imperial themed grey one that rains sometimes and has a waterfall between A and B.

The other imperial themed one that is the same colour as the above one.
  7. And I disagree. Besides, the Garrison is already designed. Just put some points on it.
  8. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

Zedek
    Pegasus
    Maggon

They either have great close ranged combat or are lascannon friendly :p
  9. IshanDeston Ecaja Steam Early Access

We already have the garrison with points on it. Its called Torias and turned to night time so you don't notice its the Garrison map.