Background Image

What Would Have Happened In Space Marine 2 And 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Grigdusher, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/this-is-what-would-have-happened-in-space-marine-2-and-3

fu22y666, Savage Shark and DiscoJacen like this.
  2. DiscoJacen DiscoJacen Well-Known Member

Titus was "gifted" to the Blood Ravens. The end : )
  3. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Maybe after Eternal Crusade Behaviour can make Space Marine II
  4. Krage Krage Prefectus

What I'd want to see instead of what they planned...that dev planned on Titus making his own Chapter eh? Woulda been interesting to see, but not my cup of tea.

**End of pt 1...Titus is sold out and sent to the Inquisition for investigation

Space Marine 2

Starts off during Titus transport on a small Inquisition cruiser away from the first games planet. Part way through the trip mid warp they have critical warp shield failures mid jump and are attacked by demons who disable the ship.

On the disabled ship the crew lead by Titus including a wounded Inquisitor fend off the demons and are forced to evacuate the ship when it exits the warp. Unfortunately the planet their escape pods lead them to is under Chaos influence.

They land on an imperial world with massive chaos insurrection and influence where the Planetary Defense force is pretty much annihilated and is a war between the nearly victorious cultists and a few remaining loyal imperial citizen insurgents. The chaos influence is turning the planet into a plague like swamp and both cultists into plague-zombie like creatures.

Titus and the now functioning inquisitor join up with the rebels and fight their way to communication systems to call for nearby Imperial Aid them on this hostile planet. A nearby Navy vesselattempts a recovery but is destroyed in Orbit, which they watch explode in the atmosphere. They then fight a bit further to a hidden orbital platform and launch a small space faring vessel to escape the planet with the remaining survivors.

Titus does some heroic anti-chaos corruption action throughout the entirety of the Space Marine 2 plot. This causes the Inquisitor who is indebted to the noble and incorruptible Titus to recommend him for service directly in the Inquisition under the Deathwatch since he is obviously not a corrupt agent of chaos, but merely resistant and too unorthodox to stay with the Ultramarines.

Space Marine 3:

Game begins with the final stages of Titus induction into the Deathwatch, his first mission with his new team is to return to the same chaos planet from Space Marine 2 and liberate a xeno (Eldar) artifact that lead to warp influence causing the civil war on the planet. Upon his return with his covert Deathwatch team they discover the Eldar are also fighting their way to the relic, which the game then turns to a race against time to recover the relic before the Eldar warhost do. Along there way there are many skirmishes and ambushes against other aspect warriors search teams (Banshees, Striking Scorpions, Dire Avengers, and Dark Reapers), with each conflict ending in a boss battle against the aspects specific exarch.

Concluding the final battle against warlocks guarding the entrance to an ancient eldar tome on the planet the Deathwatch team enters to find the Farseer leading the expedition has already claimed the relic. Battle ensues as the team attempts to secure the dangerous relic and cleanse the world of chaos. Midway through fight as the Farseer is near defeat the Farseer recklessly draws on the power of the relic...unfortunately it is too corrupt and powerful resulting in a bloody explosion of bone shrapnel, entrails, and pus that was formerly the Farseers body. From the blood mist explosion is spawned a great nurgle champion which is the final boss. All but titus of the Deathwatch kill team are disabled due to the Champions plague presence. Titus overcomes the overconfident Champion because of his resistance to Chaos and delivers a killing blow after a long battle.

Once the Nurgle champion lays dead and the Eldar flee, the Deathwatch team contain the relic and depart with Titus finding his final place among his Deathwatch brothers, not shunned for his unorthodox methods or resistance to chaos.

The End :)
  5. Stretch Stretch Subordinate

It's a real shame it didn't get made and doesn't look like it will any time soon but its good to read that and see that there was actually plans for a 2 and 3 with him in it. After I finished the game, I went to the wiki and it said
    I assumed he'd be straight up executed but reading up more theories on the wiki, It made some good points like Inquisitor Thrax didn't ask Titus to disarm which would be standard procedure so he possibly didn't believe he was corrupted

Hopefully one day it will be made!
  6. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

[​IMG]

at least we have this.
    Uriel1339, krage and DiscoJacen like this.
  7. Shaughn Vayl Subordinate

It's pretty depressing how Relic, despite their impressive track record, is punished for THQs mistakes. I suppose a sequel isn't our of the question, especially considering that GW already has a deal in place with Sega over the Warhammer Fantasy series. Though, admittedly, I wouldn't mind seeing Relic try their hand at Dawn of War III first.
  8. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Uhm...... is it just me or does this sound like Uriel Ventris?! xD

Uriel Ventris took command after Ideaus passed away who was already known for unconventional tactics.

Uriel then led first a campaign on Pavonis to investigate Corruption and Heresy which then turned out ... necron'ish (don't want to spoiler too much, lol)

2nd Book Uriel Ventris runs to the Mortifactors, some chapter which was once very close to the Ultramarines, to defend Ultramar against Hive Fleet Leviathan. Ventris goes in the end battle as the Deathwatch's leader and uses other weird tactics before that (in a rhino is no space so let's just sit on it's rooftop). He gets exiled.

3rd & 4th book Uriel goes on his death trial with his loyal sergeant who also made bad stuff, they survive, return and get some tests from the Grey Knights.

5th book Uriel gets re-instated as 4th companies Captain and the first task is to return to Pavonis to check up how the planet is doing and such, well Tau wanted to settle there and intensive fights start all over the world.

6th book Iron Warriors invade Ultramar because the leader, Warsmith Honsou, still had a huge grudge against Uriel to what he did to him during book 3. Tarsis Ultra the tyranid invaded world from book 2 gets blown up first.

So in basic kinda what the guy thought for Titus in SM2 and SM3. Except that Uriel was before all that stuff a Deathwatch member.

What they share in basic:

Short & Dark hair
    Ultramarine
    problems with the codex / tactics
    Captain
    1 Sargent who doesn't like them (Uriel has Learchus, Titus has Lysane or what his name was lol)
    Both faced the Inquisition (Uriel even like 2 times)
    Both have intensive face-off with Chaos forces

Sooooo Titus = Ventris? Similarities are there...
  9. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

Second game-Inqusition kills everyone, third game-Inqusition makes sure they killed everyone.
  10. Awesome game. I didnt think the story was anything to write home about. Spacemarines are good, orks attack, turns out chaos is pulling the strings, wasn't that the plot of Dawn Of War? And several other games i think.