Background Image

What Will We Fight For?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Exzelenz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Solves that then.
  2. 4uk4ata Active Member

It could be the old "farseer/s with a vision get everyone to follow suit or they are all doomed." The 6E eldar codex states that a conspiracy of autarchs from different worlds caused all their craftworlds to switch to a more military path structure, and farseers probably have even more influence. If a group of elder farseers on different craftworlds have similar visions, they will probably have no problem getting a temporary alliance to accomplish a certain objective, no matter how strange it may be - especially if one of the farseers is, say, Eldrad himself.

The world itself could be unimportant, or it could have vital infrastructure from the old Eldar empire that for some reason (i.e. too heavily fortified before the war) was beyond the Eldar's grasp. Or it could be that the farseer prophecies are even more arcane - i.e. it could be that a commander of one of the factions has to be killed in a certain way so that he does not lead a crusade that invades a craftworld.
    Droguza likes this.
  3. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I think if their mission was to stop enemy forces from reaching their goals, They would probably employ subterfuge and misdirection, to have them suffer heavy losses by fighting amongst themselves. I think 5 Eldar armies in direct conflict leans more towards a full scale war, a'lot more confrontational than almost anything else they have ever done. If it is about stopping the Imperium / Chaos / Orks reason for being on the planet, assuming they have some important reason in particular, It would have to be pretty groundbreaking. It would need to effect the endgame of the Eldar.
  4. I am for saving a Phoenix Lord, saving Isha and returning Eldrad Ulthran to life(there are speculations on his survival in the Warp). I do not know what can move FIVE different Craftworlds into one place, a particular similar vision of many Farseers, or a discovery of a Phoenix Lord, like Fuegan or Jain Zar, return of the Eldrad Ulthran is possible, there are rumors that he was not consumed by the Great Enemy, maybe he holds the secret for the Eldar to die and not be trapped within a soulstone(until the birth of Ynnead). Well, the salvation of Isha is too canon-changing, for example, Warp is the realm of Chaos-the Great Enemy will feel her momentarily, so where will she escape(possibly into the Webway, to Cegorach), even if so a salvation of the mother of all the Eldar from TWO CHAOS GODS is very dangerous by itself. Or maybe a chance to find such a vulnerable place of the Necrons that it may just destroy one of the C'tan. There is much to speculate about, even about the return of the Old Ones, what if Eldar will try to return them to the Milky Way?
    Droguza likes this.
  5. Droguza Droguza Active Member

What... a Videogame 40k planet with the chance of being anywhere near a " warp Storm "... why that's unheard of.

/sigh

It simply means almost every faction will be drawn to fight with something, if not everything, to do with the effects of a warp storm / Chaos.

I hate the ruinous powers. And i hate that i hate it, because it fuels them. I want to be a follower of Malal and kill Chaos.
  6. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

Why don't just go and look for some info first? There was even a star map somewhere.
  7. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I dunno... i like the theorycrafting in here. Looking at things like that are kind of a buzzkill... especially something as generic as the aforementioned " Eye of Terror ".

I've read about it so many times, and you'd think somewhere so expansive and powerful wouldn't get mundane and droll... but here i am. It doesn't have to be about the eye just because it's there... but just reading the name of it makes me feel queezy, like something familiar will be a reason multiple craftworld's engage in battle. I just don't it to start that way. I don't think anyone in here really would.
    Chaplain Valerius likes this.
  8. I think everyone over thought this. What are the three main reasons Eldar fight...?
    One: To defeat Necrons - Yes maybe one craftworld
    Two: To defeat Chaos - Maybe two craftworlds, three if Slaanesh
    Three: To stop the 'evil' races from gaining a strong point in the galaxy - What if this planet was instrumental, a doorway into the galaxy's inner planets. That would explain why so many races were fighting over the one planet and also why there are multiple craftworlds etc.
    Also if that planet was rich in precious materials that might draw in some. Not to mention just the fact that there are many races fighting would be cause enough for the Eldar to try and interfere.
    Droguza likes this.
  9. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

I'd lean to more "material" reasons, for "saving Isha" is way too global and meaningful canon-wise, and would fit some more narrative style of story telling than the game, because we know that in this game it may be possible to achieve it... :)
    I personally think that it will be something that is crucial to all 4 factions, but can't think of what exactly yet.
  10. Unglory Unglory Subordinate

Which brings up the question: how Cannon and important will the EC storyline be to the 40k universe?
    Finding and saving Isha for example, would be a MASSIVE plot point in the 40k universe. Do you think let Games Workhop would want, no LET, that happen? Extreamly doubtful.
    I'm all for a meaningful reason for why these 4 factions are on this planet, and there can be many of them. We boiled it down to something as simple for the Eldar as: We dont want them to have it.
    So lets find the nutural ground between a no reason to fight, and a universe shattering event more important then the current 13th Black Crusade.
    So'Kiel likes this.