Background Image

What Will We Fight For?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Exzelenz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I didn't really mean a literal translation of transportation... I pictured an ethereal rhino just now, with a farseer standing on top of it.

I just meant a gate of some form... typically used by Chaos, opened by some council from Ulthwe, or something that fits.

Anyway, Outside of venturing into a Chaos Gods Abode to save a long lost Goddess, I like the above post to rescue a lost Phoenix Lord. Any excuse to requisition Pirates = Interest.
    Quothe likes this.
  2. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

Looking at this recently mentioned example (Mymeara, Alaitoc, and Eldar Corsairs were dispatched to assault the world and recover Irillyth, and were successful in resurrecting the Phoenix Lord) it doesn't look that impossible to gather several Craftworlds for something of value to Eldar culture in general.
  3. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

Well 2 Craftworlds is understandable, but imagine 5 (!) of them leaving their usual businesses and struggles to gather in a fight on one planet!
  4. Unglory Unglory Subordinate

How about: Last Place?
    Because Eldar will most likely be spending most of their day getting whats left of their asses handed back to them :p lol

On topic, you guys are looking for a tangiable goal where the Eldar get "something" out of the conflict, that something being worth the lives of 5 Craftworlds worth of Eldar. From what i have seen in the fluff, the the Eldar being able to stop an enemy from reaching their goal is often more then enough of a reason. Reference the 13th Black Crusade where the Eldar's main efforts were to help the Imperium hold back the Crusade, with the specific goal of capturing/destroying the Necron Fortresses that Chaos had control of. So while i think it would be very cool for them to have their own "physical" goal, depending on the other factions i could see it not happening.
    So'Kiel likes this.
  5. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

2 Craftworlds and Corsairs!))
    But anyway, what about a great stock of waystone crystals? Every Craftworld needs that.
  6. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

DOW2 actually had a decent reason for Eldar to interfere as that planet had a Craftworld inside of it so they feared that all the souls in waystones will be exterminated along with heretics. :) But I doubt that EC will copy that tbh.
  7. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Wouldn't that mean the planet would be near the Eye of Terror... Still even if it was then you could add other factions somehow.
  8. fisht fisht Subordinate

What if instead of some long lost Pheonix lord, it is Asurmen? The one let led the eldar away from their homeworlds during the fall and the first Pheonix lord. He is the one that founded the Path of the Warrior and the first shine of Asur, the dire avengers. He visited more craftworlds than any other Pheonix lord and has more shrines than any other.

If anything could bring 5 craftworlds together it would be that hard evidence has been found that he is there. And is either in need of help or that his armor needs to be recovered so that he may be reborn.
    So'Kiel likes this.
  9. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

The planet IS near the Eye of Terror, it was stated.
  10. Indraugnir New Member

This is actually quite typical of the Eldar, although it would take something truely monumental to get more than a few Craftworlds to send substantial forces.

Those Chaos controlled starforts you mentioned were the Blackstone Space Fortresses [Imperial designation] also known as the Talismans of Vaul, they were said to have been created be Vaul for use against the Necrons if or when they returned
    Unglory likes this.