Background Image

What Will We Fight For?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Exzelenz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

The planets we will fight for should be really meaningful for those 4 races, especially Eldar since it is unknown that 4 (and one is coming from the vote) Craftworlds would be fighting together in the same system.

So post your speculations on what will draw attention to our favorite faction in this conflict.
  2. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I looked at each of the Craftworld's for a common goal worthy of multiple armies attention... I would have to say that the planet was either at some point a home to necrons, and there is infrastructure on the planet to keep them at bay, which needs to be defended.

There's another common reason... it could have been the place of a great victory / once proud shrine to one of the deities.

To get as esoteric and farfetched as possible... How about, One of the Craftworld's are following up reports of a pathway on the planet to the Garden of Nurgle. Hoping that their information gained by the Illuminati of the Imperium turn out to be true, and make a rescue attempt for Isha... A Maiden Goddess of the Eldar, While the Eldar still have the numbers and power to attempt a rescue, before their overall power could diminish in time, Never again able to attempt anything outside of hiding from the rest of the Universe.

It's about the closest i could get to a real reason for multiple Craftworld's to be on one planet at the same time... The difference between defending a simple shrine... And saving a Maiden Goddess, is huge. If given hard evidence, i wouldn't put it out of the question for armies from nearly every Craftworld to turn up. Something of this scale could even give a reason for a Phoenix Lord to enter the battle.

The only real problem i see is... That is some heavy Lore. It would either need to be made officially canon by GW... or become yet another one of those " things " people argue / laugh about.

I think i brought Shas'O Kais from Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior up earlier. Tau with a Multi-Melta... say WHAT?! ( Personally... i liked it. )
    Exzelenz likes this.
  3. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

This would be my vote for now. A maiden planet that was meant to play host to a significant temple to one of the Eldar gods before the fall or some such.

I'm actually a little worried about whatever it is that McNeill and Reynolds come up with because if it sounds like horseshit, it will take more than a little pleasure out of this for me.
  4. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

This makes no sense, the webway connects reality through the warp. It does not have exits into the warp. As far as I know.
    Oh okay.
  5. Droguza Droguza Active Member

The next question is... Which shrine would it be? I don't know in-depth lore about every Craftworld ( i won't call it fluff... I prefer to say i fail at Lore, and need to work on it. ), But i'm sure not all of them feel the same love for any given deity. Except for the obvious one... that they all have aspects for in their armies...
  6. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

I don't think Khaine would be the obvious one.

Isha the mother of all Eldar would be a far more potent catalyst. In my opinion. Especially since there's rumours that Nurgle saved her.
  7. Droguza Droguza Active Member

Every position within the warp is accessed through different axis. One does not simply, Enter the Warp and end up at the same fixed position ( a front door, static location accessible from anywhere in the universe ).

Aside from that... There's more technology for entry than Eldar inspired creations. Previous Videogame titles have seen connectivity to planets Via Eldar Technology, used by multiple races. To assume Eldar couldn't utilize Chaos means of transportation... Would be strange. They are terribly gifted psykers.

Also... Nurgles garden is within the Warp... You can't look at the Warp as if its a stargate, taking you from point A to Point B... it is it's own space. And it certainly has an opening to the real world... Or rather, location where access may be gained, given the right technology / psychic ability / ...Cringe... Magic.

It isn't that crazy... it's more of an OTT scenario... Saving a goddess.
  8. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

As far as that is somewhat logical, I highly doubt that Eldar would turn to "Chaos means of transportation" to go into the warp... and that is not mentioning the entering into the Warp itself. :)
    But good speculation so far!
  9. Bjorn Hardrada Bjorn_Hardrada Well-Known Member

everyone is fighting because otherwise there would be no game :p
    Nomad240 and Mngwa like this.
  10. mindblade70 mindblade70 Subordinate

How about to rescue a lost phoenix lord of an obscure but potent aspect like theslicing orbs of zanthros? This sort ofthing brought together craftworlds. And eldar pirates.
    Droguza likes this.