Background Image

What Will Be Your Weapons Of War?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NostramoBorn, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

That's one of the theories, the other is much simpler and probably an older one: obliterators are the result of CSM getting too much exposure to the warp. Warp affects all but not everybody in the same way.
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Well, they did call it the Obliterator Virus since as far as i can remember, and it is actually transferable between people. Very much unlike warp exposure.
    Sledgecrushr likes this.
  3. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

I've never read anything conclusive about that, but I've heard the theory for Obliterators at least. I thought it was a Dark Mechanicus techno virus or some such but either way I did forget about it. So derp :D
    Chaos Furies, the Undivided daemons. They appear in the warp as predator shoals that hunt loose souls and tear them to pieces. They're opportunistic, cowardly, predatory and attack from the air in the material-verse, not unlike the Raptors. Plus the Night Lords keep flocks of them. Seems to me they are similar manifestations of whatever Undivided force warps the Raptor appearance. The Furies need a serious model update for TT.
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Oh im aware what Furies are, im was confused as to what you mean by "i copied your quote" sentiment".
    Laanshor likes this.
  5. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Oh. Lmao. Your quote in italics here, never read that before and I copied it down because it's sweet as hell. Bad paragraph structure on my part ffs.
    DjemoSRB likes this.
  6. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Chaos space marine codex 4th ed:

'Obliterators have dwelt too long in the Eye of Terror and have contracted a contagion that sears their flesh to their armour. Marine and armour becone one entity growing down the centuries into hulking, weirdly baroque leviathans able to reshape their forms to spew death at their enemies. Obliterators are no longer even Chaos Space Marines instead they are an amalgam of Marine, Daemon and Armour, each part inseparable from the rest.'

In the 6th ed the description is longer so I'm not going to quote that but the gist is there are ONLY THEORIES as nobody precisely knows how they were created:

1. A by-product of the dark mechanicus desire to embody omnissah.
    2. Infection with a deamon created techno-virus.
    3. Simply daemonic possesion.

I will quote the last sentence though cos it's the most important and clarifying:

'Only the truly learned realize that the term techno-virus is just a misnomer: It is Chaos itself that mutates and corrupts the machine just as it moulds and changes the flesh of men.
    Laanshor likes this.
  7. Mirror Blades.
    windbringer likes this.
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

If it were as simple as exposure to the Warp than the Obliterators would be allot more numerous, so it would have to be a strain of sorts, even if one can categorize it as "warp exposure".
    Similarly Nurgles Rot (and this comparison is actually made on the wiki between the two viruses) is a virus even if it is otherworldly. Yes one can classify it as exposure as well but that is a very broad term imo, Nurgles Rot/Obliterator Virus would be actual strains of a warp fueled disease, since we know all diseases are actually microorganisms that cause the symptoms. Hence why both are stated as otherworldly afflictions.
    But we are debating how Chaos works, and noone has actually written a guidebook as to how the virus functions for either of us to cement the subject towards one end.

Also we are derailing this thread so hard...
  9. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Well, I quoted the best source you can have in Wh40k universe: GW Codex. I don't know if the oblits could be more numerous or not, if they could they probably would, maybe not all CSM may become oblits like not all CSM can become Warp Talons or Possessed - it's a kind of chaos reward maybe.

Of course no clear answers are given, probably to make oblits more dramatic and mysterious, however the part about '...the truly learned realize...' is pretty strong and conclusive, at least to me.

We are Chaos, we can do that :D
  10. [​IMG]

So pretty much this dude. Plus the batwings coming off of the jetpack are just sick.
    DjemoSRB likes this.