Background Image

What Type Of Expansions That You're More Willing To Pay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleepylion, Mar 26, 2015.

?

What type of expansions that you're more willing to pay for?

1. Expansion with only new races, nothing else

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Expansion with new race, new elements for current factions (vehicles,classes, weapons...)

13 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Expansion with new races and continents

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Expansion with new continents only

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Expansion with all of the above

38 vote(s)
    55.1%
  1. no to paying for new continents aka areas
    it would split the com
  2. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

Pls navigate to the thread where Nathan posted this, Mister Navigator. The warp is treacherous, especially with the weekly twitch drawing near :confused:
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

no buyable expansion: expansion can split playerbase.
    only free expansion.
    Remember @Oveur worked on Eve.
    And eve have free expansion for many really good reasons.
  4. If we are concerned with fracturing the playerbase ( a very valid concern, poor Titanfall) I feel charging for new races on the current price plan (works out to $10 per race) would be fair and should prevent fracturing. There may be good reasons that my idea is terrible, just throwing it out there. (Not that I have a pony in the new faction race :3 )
  5. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Hmm ? Not following mate. What do you mean ?
  6. Thing is, with new factions, should they be their own or alongside existing factions, splitting caps together and essentially on the same team.

I think that is a very important decision to make, if they haven't made it already. Adding in a single new faction could leech away from already low pop factions, with a chance in a single populated force dominating continually.

Looks like politics between the factions will be a thing. Orks and chaos better get their ambassadors ready.
  7. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

well hopefully the Devs manage to produce a game where sheer population numbers dont equate to a win and if numbers dont define a factions potential then the fears of "splintering" are ungrounded,

last time I checked the pecentage of founders who want to main a faction other then the starting 4 is around 35%, while not a majority it is still a significant number and thats not taking into account the additional numbers of founders who would play a different faction casually,

so I say add new factions while developing the older factions at the same time,

if we wait until the starting 4 are fully developed (if thats even possible) then all we do is create an even larger work-load for the addition of any new faction since the new ones would need to be more-or-less equivilant,

eg: if a starting faction has 4 class types and 5 subfactions and 4 vehicle types then any new faction requires about the same,

but if we wait until the starting faction has 7 classes and 12 subfactions and 6 vehicles and aircraft and special powers etc then a new faction would also require about the same
    TheEasterplatypus likes this.
  8. na thats not a must
    we already have more eldar classes then all others
    subfactions bring varrity but not new options
    vehicles... well for example imperial guard could have way more options for vehicle since their troops are not that tough

asymetric balance makes everything possible ^-^
  9. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

I think you kind of invalidated the poll by making the last option lol! Should done multi-select poll ;)
  10. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

yes while Eldar have 7 classes the other 3 factions have 4 classes,

the example was meant to illustrate that a new faction would have to have about 4 classes as well, they could have more but they probably couldnt have less,

now imagine we wait for a couple of years and now LSM/CSM/Ork have 6 basic classes and Eldar have 9,

could we at that point reasonably expect a new faction to be added that has only 4 classes, or would they effectively need to be added with 6 classes in order to "balance" the faction in regards to the existing ones?

the same applies with vehicles though perhaps thats even more clear ...

we currently have planned for EC .... Bikes, APC's, and 2 tank types (battle and siege), so any new faction would require an equivilant for each vehicle type,

but again wait a few years and perhaps now each starting faction has ... Bikes, APC's, 3 tank types, artillery, aircraft

at that point could we add a faction with just the starting line up of the original 4 vehicle types or wouldnt they require their own equivilant of all the vehicle types as well in order to be "balanced"

TL/DR

basically any new faction needs at least the minimum number of equivilants as existing factions, they could have more but they couldnt have less