Background Image

What Race Will You Play At Launch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StevenLumpkin, Oct 17, 2013.

?

What race will you play at launch?

1. Chaos Space Marines

570 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Eldar

443 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Orks

383 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Space Marines

923 vote(s)
    39.8%
  1. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

My old vote is wrong by now though :p
  2. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Well I did vote a year ago...

Still the same though =P
  3. Seph Sephious Arkhona Vanguard

I'm not really concerned at all...most diehards like us founders will naturally lean towards the space marines because they are the main force we know and love simply because of the emphasis put on them.....FTP will take care of the orcs, angsty teens will fill up chaos, and don't tell me every elf lover in the world won't pick up the Eldar if they should start playing....not to mention those who like underdog factions. So long as the game is balanced well I don't see a problem with numbers happening....not like people may think. Not to mention, 4 PC races +Tyranids...if a single group starts dominating I can see them being kept in check by unofficial alliances/pincer attacks/A.I. (aid).
  4. ANGSTY TEENS FILLING UP CHAOS?!
    you are probably right...
    ave dominus cheerios and all that...
  5. Seph Sephious Arkhona Vanguard

It's nothing against Chaos...I know they have their diehards too....but yeh...angsty teens...my condolences for Chaos...atleast they will have alot of no lifers come summer then
  6. Unahim Unahim Curator

In SW:TOR population was hugely skewed towards Empire, so it does seem the younger players flock to "evil", so to speak.
    In WoW however, Alliance was the most populated, even though the Horde is the more "mosntrous" faction.

So younger players want to be evil, but also pretty?

If so, it's 50/50 on whether they'll flock to Chaos or not. I guess the Chaos Space Marine models are aesthetically pleasing though (or "badass", as they say), so I guess they will. If they were all followers of Nurgle with lots of blemishes perhaps they wouldn't.

Eldar getting elf-lovers is a given. We'll also get every player who wants to play female, and the faction speaks to some other niches too (advanced alien tech, high "magic" affinity, etc...). Pre-release forum polls on faction sizes are always wrong to a greater or lesser extent, because the forum population is very different from the population after release. It takes a special kind of person to be talking here right now about a game 12+ months away.
    Tjeknalis and Nicodemus_I like this.
  7. Nicodemus_I Nicodemus_I Subordinate

However, if it's a 12-year old kid with any prior knowledge on 40k, they WILL go Space Marines. Possibly Ultramarines.
  8. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Well I'm special... At least the Farseer told me I was...
    vaevictus333 and Unahim like this.
  9. Unahim Unahim Curator

You're special to me, don't worry. <3
    dx144 likes this.
  10. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Lifetime achievement completed! Now I can go to the Infinity Circuit with a smile. =D