Background Image

What needs to change??

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Sneaky-krumpin, Apr 14, 2017.

1. hey eldar players. So it's been a few months since of multiple patches, hot fixes and what not, and it seems eldar are still struggling to perform nearly as good as they were pre-patch. I'm an ork player so it doesn't make a difference to me, but sometimes playing as eldar to change it up is..painful.

What are somethings you eldar players think NEED to be implemented? And things need to change for you guys. As it is, I can jump into a game with my rank 5 ork and go kill 35 eldar (maybe 20 other factions) in a match with my assault slugga w/shield. Even dedicated eldar melee classes just get impact stunned to death if you keep the pressure on. Yet if I go play eldar, even as working as a team, im hard pressed to reach much more than 10-15 at most. And I see other eldar players who used to get 20+ kills struggling to get 10.

Maybe if they made your weapons stronger? So you actually perform like a glass cannon? Or maybe raise EHP back up? I'm just curious to hear fro your community what your perspectives are. Thanks!
  2. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

Raising EHP back up would be the simplest solution.
  3. Phyrak Phyrak Cipher

Letting us have the entirety of our arsenal. I would say we're only playing at half strength in regards to weapons that can be aquired
    Sily and Orkan like this.
  4. Valentine Iyan Firebrand

Reaper launcher needs to be like autocannonish, headshots from shuriken weapons need to deal even more damage. Those two things would help a ton.
    Sily, thantrus and Brujah like this.
  5. ambersand91 Recruit

The lack of warp spiders >_>
  6. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

If increasing headshot multiplier means reducing normal bodyshots, then I'll not like it. Unless they reduced the spread.
  7. Speed. Eldar need to be fast. Right now, our speed bonus is minimal; I think we could benefit from moving faster while ADS or maybe increasing the speed of our Dbash.
    Iyan, DiputsLasarach and Brujah like this.
  8. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Pretty much this, yeah. We currently slow to a crawl when we Aim Down Sights, yet are supposed to have a speed advantage. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if we have to ADS to be accurate enough to hit a barn door, let alone a moving target, and we slow down dramatically when we ADS, then we're going to be easier for our enemy to hit a lot of the time, thereby negating our speed advantage, but retaining our EHP disparity.
    So yeah, full speed ADS.

I'd also give our main melee classes (Striking Scorpion and Howling Banshee) an EHP boost so we're sitting at most 25 and 50 below the melee classes from the other Factions respectively. Having a 90 point disparity between a Striking Scorpion and Space Marine GA is simply too much, even with stealth.
    Sily, Defiance, thantrus and 3 others like this.
  9. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I made a post here about what I think the game should do with EHPs:

10. Paeyvn Paeyvn Well-Known Member

Add in Exarch Weapons for all classes since every SM can use weapons reserved for Veterans/Sergeants already would help a bit, giving more flexibility to classes that badly need it.

Either increasing EHP or increasing damage of Shuriken weapons specifically. As it is if you hit every single Shuriken as a headshot on a Shoota Boy and he hits only body shots on you, you have approximately the same time to kill one another if you're using ASC/Shoota respectively. If you use Twinlink Catapult vs a Big Shoota, if you hit every round in his head and he hits only your body, you will die first. This is also ignoring the suppression effect he gets on his gun, which means you won't hit all headshots. The Big Shoota is also 100LP cheaper because reasons.

The only Shuriken weapon I feel that does not need a damage boost of some variety too badly is the Cannon; that needs a recoil reduction because as it stands now it's just a bad Heavy Bolter. Same DPS on a more fragile unit with approximately the same mobility unless you take the 300LP Wargear 2 item that kicks you up to just shy of normal Eldar speed, and its recoil/spread is easily worse by a factor of 2 when unbraced. Braced they function nearly identically.

Spreadsheet showing damage numbers and TTK vs various targets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bJkrtzTbj1BUNxz71Y19UYajA/edit#gid=1074860565

Seriously go look at the DA's TTK vs other factions' tactical equivalents...it's bad. In some cases it's over a half second in favor of the other equivalent (.555s) and even if you hit 100% headshots someone you get the drop on can turn around and win the fight still if they can headshot back. Eldar are supposed to be glass cannons, but right now they're mostly just glass. They feel about right when they have Enhance running atm, but you can't balance a faction to be terrible without 100% buff uptime. I'd rather see Enhance removed or weakened and the base statistics brought up to compensate.