Background Image

What makes fighting against Eldar in melee feel janky, broken, and sort of unfun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gboon, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Is Eldar Melee working as intended/balanced right now?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gboon Gboon Cipher

Is it d-bash not working against eldar? Is it the recovery after melee clangs? Is it the sheer speed of their heavy attacks?

If I get an electro choppa hit to the back, they are dead as hell usually. But head on, it feels like their raw speed let's them avoid the rock paper scissors system almost entirely. I get that Eldar need a niche, but I'm not sure if this niche is the right niche.
  2. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

they're trying to out compete the cheese factor of the recent eldar codexes obviously.
    they're about as much a pain in the ass on tabletop as in game, also OP af in dawn of war... it is a recurring theme.
    Mornek likes this.
  3. b0ink7 Recruit

I play a lot of banshee, dbash seems buggy, sometimes i can break the stun with a dodge sometimes not (and then usually end up dead before it's over), and so can my opponents so it's not an eldar issue.

Sometimes clangs/dbash just don't register eventhough animation plays, and i get melee'd down by even a chainsword without resistance, again not specific to eldar.

Melee as a whole isn't working as intended I say, eldars speed may exacerbate the issue though.
  4. Meurto Active Member

Their attack speed combined with their movement speed seems to make iframes almost worthless as they are on top of you again before you finish the animation. I agree that melee in general has quite a few issues, but I don't think we will see any significant changes in the near future.
  5. Andraina Andraina Curator

Funny, this Banshee Exarch thinks the same thing about Jump classes...
  6. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

This ANGRY MARINE would like to point out that unlike the Banshee, we know WHY people think the Jump Assault is janky and unfun.
    Having a jump pack that lets you hop around like a rabbit and NOPE your way out of bad situations tends to do that.
  7. Jason021 Recruit

Eldar move and dodge too quickly which is probably why the d'bash doesn't work 90% of the time. Otherwise it's a major glitch. Eldar can move faster than our frame rate can keep up. Perhaps if frame rate was better we would perform better against Eldar. Slow frame rate and lag definately work in their favour.

TLDR: Eldar are probably OP in Melee because of their movement speed.
  8. By the way am I the only one thinking melee deal too much damage in general?
    I feel in many cases all one has to do to win a fight is to be sure to hit first.