Background Image

What is with this lag?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kallidus, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Kallidus Kallidus Arkhona Vanguard

What's going on with the servers/the game at the moment? I'm always getting disconnected and when ever I manage to get in game, it lags sooo badly it's unplayable..

I've got am expensive, high-end rig and super fast internet. None of my other games are affected.. So I know it's nothing at my end.. So what's going on at the moment with the game?

Are the Devs aware of the terrible performance at the moment? Is there a patch coming to fix what ever is going wrong?

It's ruining it for me.. Anybody else getting the same experiences??
    Piaras likes this.
  2. Hottabuch Hotab Arkhona Vanguard

Ye, terrible teleportations and warping. Pretty sure thats bad netcode/server lag/cramped melee on their side. Really hope that gets fixed with the next patch. Although they dont seem to be hurrying with this "Sunday closed" patch :c
  3. Kallidus Kallidus Arkhona Vanguard

Yeah.. All I want is for the game play to go back to the way it was before. No D/C's and no lag, teleporting, ice skating etc..

And all of the visual customization being added in soon would be nice too! :p
    And.. another character/Rogue Trader items/credits reset too :p
  4. Hottabuch Hotab Arkhona Vanguard

5. Ser DJ Hodor TheBurgerMeister Well-Known Member

Ya, I know it sucks but they REALLY need to figure out how to handle the servers with all these players. Especially since they increased the player cap per map now there's more work for the server to do.

Melee has always been a problem in this game because of a) the lunging on each attack and b) the server netcode and delay. Its impossible to play at the moment. Its not even rock paper scissors, just pure dumb luck on who's hit registered with the server and guess work.
    Simferius and Hotab like this.
  6. Nefastus Nefastus Active Member

Yeah, only recently I started playing the game but before the patch with the space wolves the lag wasnt really an issue but after that it became a huge problem to me.
  7. Your character is trapped in the Warp.

Please wait while the server attempts to find you...
    Galen and Crioxus like this.
  8. Giumbolo Simferius Confessor

This +1

I was defending myself in melee; now I'm dying without knowing why.
    Fast Attack vs Fast Attack, mine does no damage and I drop.

Moreover shots register after some seconds, so I get it after being in cover
    Piaras likes this.
  9. THE NATHANIMAL EventHorizon Arkhona Vanguard

When BHVR increased player count per match, they didn't reduce the number of matches a single server hosts(which is 4). The servers are unable to handle the load properly, thus we have the lag. They are going to reduce matches per server from 4 to 3.

All of this is per Nathan.
  10. GreyNight ArtemK Arkhona Vanguard

server host more then one match? :eek: