Background Image

What is the point of the time limit?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Redthirst, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Alright, now I see your point. Our conversation looked weird because I was talking about normal PvE, where kiting isn't very useful, while you were talking about Horde mode, which I haven't really played.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  2. Interesting point.

Hopefully at some point we can get client side pve hosting so that LAN parties will be easy as well as to fix the time issue!
  3. Complex Beta is bugged since 2 patches. Can´t be won cause time runs always out in the last stage.

PvE only has 3 Lair Maps and 1 is bugged, that sucks so much.
  4. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

I think a better explanation lore wise, your command discovers a 'nid hive very deep underground, and sends a single squad as to not rouse the entire hive, to close off the underground sections and flood them with magma/bio-acid, destroying the nest.

The timer indicates the hive waking up, and the amount of time left for them to complete their objectives and kill the hive.
  5. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a mission like that; fight your way in, complete mission and then have to actually fight your way out and escape.
  6. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

like.... the current missions?
  7. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I'm talking more along the lines of starting on/near the surface, fighting your way through the hive until you reach your target point, completing the objective at said point (setting demo charges, assassination of synapse creature, powering up systems with powercell etc) and then having to back-track to reach your exit.

Currently, it feels like the mission just ends part way through without having to make your escape.
  8. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

I've always hated time limits. Their in the game because there how some matches game mechanics decide who wins or who loses.

I'd prefer long drawn out sieges that aren't limited by time or tickets. Persistent force and natural attrition determining if defender or offender wins.
  9. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

This is the PvE thread. The mechanics of time limits in PvP are for a different thread.
  10. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Crap how did I get here! thanks for the heads up lol.

/cautiously backs away from the room.

Still any game that has a time limit is just meh imo.

Who puts a limit on fun? Back before I saw the light of PvP I used to dungeon crawl, every now and then there'd be a boss fight or something that had sequenced events that had time limits in them, if you didn't have enough people you where just screwed and everyone had to pack up and go home.

Not fun.
    Whitefox550 likes this.