Background Image

What exactly is the Torpedo Axe supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Njord-Halfhand, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

It is a joke weapon. Orks have a lot of those.
  2. It's basically the melee version of the Skip Launcher :D
  3. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

All it does is slightly increase the slam radius for stormboy.

Also, the ingame model doesn't match the thumbnail image. Sadly the thumbnail image looks more awesome with the twin rotary saw blades......drool.
  4. Dakiaris Dakiaris Curator

That was actually changed so that the thumbnail looks as cheap as the in game model. I think they are starting to crack down on the thing I scream about most which is our in game models never EVER match our concept art. So instead of fixing it they are just replacing the concept art with the downgrades lol.
  5. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

6. Well I mean...Orks ARE the comic relief of 40k sooo....lore accurate?
    Khornatian likes this.
  7. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Asymmetrical Balance strikes yet again!
    Dreadspectre likes this.
  8. Hitomodakka Hitomodakka Arkhona Vanguard

Its supposed to trick new players in to wasting LP on a weapon that looks cool but actually sucks.. Like most ork unique weapons.
    Houngar likes this.
  9. Thrakka Thrakka Master

Honestly I think it's just a flimsy rushed weapon they threw out there like most ork weapons we have. We still have weird weapons bad animations klunky controls and massive hitboxes lol. So yeah throw a useless torpedo axe that's never frekan worked ever and you got a crap sandwich worthy of choking down.
  10. Salvohhh!! Solei Drill Abbott

'cause I ain't gotz me burny choppa or ghost choppa yet, I been usin' dis fing in me uver stormboy kit. Da two fingz it actually doez ok at is be cheap enuff for me ta slot all da rokkit gubbins I can fit, an' make da slam radius as big as I alwayz finkz it iz, but never turnz out ta be normally. Much as I use it, I shout at it a lot for not bein' betta den it iz.

Fing is ugly, dough. Not a proppa choppa for a flash git like me ta be sportin' inta battle.