Background Image

What does Mark of Tzeentch make you well suited for?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Protilious, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Thing abouT MoT is that it's Tzeentch .. it does shit when you least expect it.
    Ive often had MoT guys regen to full armor in the midst of fighting them .. very annoying..
    I've even managed to capture it during a random vid about Stream of corruption.
    Watch the MoT Sors's armor bar closely
    I hit him with a strong attack and he ends up regening to full armor again before i can land a hit on him again.

Ya just gotta have faith in ol fungus face.
  2. Mark of Tzeentch is well suited for Ranged Veterans.
    You are quite a beast to take down with that Extra Armor + what Armor Veteran 1400 LP can buy you Armor-wise.
    But for Sorcerers... phew... As you got less armor then everyone, the benefit isn't that great sadly
  3. it's good if you like to use the cover system. It's also good for ranged hit and run.
  4. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Ranged hit and run.

In fact, I'd say a Tzeen Traitor (ranged) is one of the best hit and run builds out there, right along with a Slan Traitor, and Eldar armor regen stacking (and damn pigeons of course).
  5. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

i love tzeentch on my elite with fast reload mag, can get into a fire fight we can both go down to no armour and my armour will be fully healed before the enemies has even STARTED to regen.

its the best mark to use on elites and is really good for a cover focused gameplay.
    Necroledo likes this.
  6. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Stick with it, it's not so bad. Admittedly my being an Eldar main I'm used to 3 shot deaths.

I do find Boon of Change to be a bit crap for Tzeentch Sorcerers though. You need to be able to duck in and out of cover to make best use of the faster Armour regen, which Boon of Change sorta precludes. I stick with Warp Regeneration for that reason.
  7. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Generally I stick the Mark of Tzeentch on tacticals and havocs. The super fast armor regen really helps in shootouts, as you get some hits, go back to cover, then stick out and shoot again at full armor while the enemy hasn't fully regenerated yet. It works really well in 1v1 situations, shooting between pillars for example.
  8. Rageageddon Rageageddon Steam Early Access

MoT is an oddball of a Mark (much like the God). The increased Armor regen is very useful when you're on the defensive or otherwise utilizing hit and run tactics. This especially true with Veterans who have much higher armor than usual.

It's best used on Tacticals who have a good amount of armor and the mobility to get out of danger to quickly replenish armor. You can also somewhat get away with it with JPAs so as you avoid getting hit but it's more difficult now with lowered armor and HP.

It does little for GAs who are often have to go too far in and have no where to hide to recover and only somewhat helps Havocs so long as they are not focused down to fast.

As for Sorcs, well honestly like the MoK on melee loadouts, the MoT isn't really getting justice to the Sorcs as the lack of armor makes it passive effect both worthless and debilitating to your overall EHP. Not a good trade when the bulk of your spells aren't very good and the best ones don't even require a specific mark.
    Bugz likes this.
  9. Any hot opinions on the Sigil of Tzeentch? I've been forced to downgrade from Daemonforged to Warptouched to mount it (on a Traitor w/ plasmagun), resulting in a net gain of 30 armour and unique aesthetics, at the cost of 10 toughness in a range it still sort of matters.

I get that for traitors as in a brawl time is short and the range of a knife even shorter, but havocs? What weapon do you normally give him?
  10. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Well, I don't usually go knife time with tacticals unless forced to. About havocs, I'm usually with the heavy bolter or lascannon (haven't unlocked the autocannon or plasma cannon yet). I usually stay away from the fight itself and rain fire from there; if I'm spotted and hit, I dart back to cover and the armor will be back in no time. I'll admit it's more situational than with the tactical, though.