Background Image

What does Mark of Tzeentch make you well suited for?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Protilious, Mar 17, 2017.

1. The easiest to use Attack spell for the Sorc is the Stream of Corruption (Nurgle)
    It's especially usefull for those pesky Jetpacks and enemys who are quite far away. Also, you don't give one little damn about the fact that they may have allready regenerated their Armor.

For a full marine it takes something like 75% of your warpcharge for a guaranteed kill, but don't try to snotbeam into a capture point, there is more then certainly at least 1 healing grenade going, and those negate the Stream completly.

Tzeentch Sorc is the most difficult to play i feel like, allthough i really like the HoT Buff of the Tzeentch-heal (you can heal and then go to defend your patient, that's cool) but before you take Flickering Funsense, take a Boltpistol and a spell that is actually usefull
    Deathwish likes this.
  2. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Though as noted: It's really pretty nice on Veterans. Probably still not so much for a Sorcerer (i.e. Veteran Aspiring Sorcerer), given self-heal classes want to stack Health for best synergy.
  3. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

I'm pretty sure any apothecary can take you out while you try to lash.....sorry
  4. You can play with it of course, but it's a subpar 3rd teir mark. Slaanesh and Nurgle Marks are fine, Stanima doesn't help you like it used to as a non melee class, once upon a time it was basically mandatory to survive against a melee now it's far less useful for avoiding them, so the regen delay is barely noticable. The Armor regen delay is however a noticeable nerf but the movement boost is quite valuable for tactical play.

It's the third rank mark, above only Khorne Mark of Cannon Fodder. People can claim it's for tactical play, but imo Slaanesh is more tactical, Tzeentch you're just overcoming your lack of survivability. On a Vet, sure, it's got some utility, but if you're not running an Armor build you're just nerfing yourself.

And I've heard that the LSM can actually spec a superior armor regen for more lp, but no disadvantages.
  5. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

Stop nerfing yourself, stop nerfing yourself - Said Tzeentch
    [​IMG]
  6. If you think that Then you've never used lash or your aim isnt good enough to use it. You can take down anything in range because each hit will stagger them. That's the weakness though - much shorter range than a bolter
  7. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

By my aim beeing Ok, is exactly the point why a bolter would outshoot a lash everytime.
    Even at lash range, a bolter can down you before you reach the end of the 2nd lash.
  8. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

Unearthing a little and tangentially related, are you saying that armor regen now is useless? should I get rid of all armor rengen trinkets?
  9. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Its not useless, but the Sorcerer has less armor then all the other classes, so he benefits less from its benefits. Which is ironic i guess, a Tzeentch Mark not fitting well on a Sorcerer.
  10. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

Ah, ON sorcerer, ok, I missed that part, I thought people meant that armor regen was useless on every class due how fast combat is.