Background Image

What does Mark of Tzeentch make you well suited for?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Protilious, Mar 17, 2017.

1. hansthered Recruit

Oh i know, and dont get me wrong. it would be nice if AS were a bit more powerful....perhaps that is why he is still aspiring... At any rate i know there are issues and qq about AS and MoT, but i have enjoyed thus far given how i play the class. just going to have to wait and see what Sorc is going to be like before i really qq.
  2. Shiani Brujah Preacher

The problem with reducing Base Health is that this is a double-whammy of nerf to a healing class. Given Tzeentch is the spellcasting Ruinous Power, it is a poor call by bE to give the Tzeentch Mark the worst synergy with the affiliated Sorcerer.
    Paeyvn likes this.
  3. hansthered Recruit

I totally agree - when i took the mark i was irked as i felt i wasted AP with the loss of health, until i adapted my play to synergize with the squishyness. i find with FF it makes excellent direct fire support, even at ~200m., got a kill at that range last night, to my surprise. i feel like there was a ninja buff - either it DoT more OR has chance to penetrate armor - there have been ~20 instances where i am FFFF a loyalist and notice that at ~2/3 armor the health starts to drop. need to confirm this, however.
  4. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

If it made for good fire support, you wouldn't have 1 kill, and by surprise ^^

There was a time, where you could go 1on1 vs a bolter, and win, or kill him too because of fire dmg after you died.
    That would be good direct fire support, considering you have to was 100 charges...to kill someone. It's like emptying a bolter clip....but with a much crappier reload time, that makes you useless while out of charges.
  5. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Just wanna say the mark is eh...but the sigil on a vet is arguably OP. Tzeentch bolter tac vets are fuggin strong if you learn to play them right.
  6. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

You can do almost the same as a VEt TAtical, without the hp loss though :\

there's also the thing, one would expect a veteran to have something else rather than a bolter ^^.
    I know it's good, one does not become a veteran only to keep using bolter.

I bet in this game, abaddon gave up his Autocannon, only to pick up a bolter when he got Vet as fuck :CSMIron:
  7. Umpi Recruit

Have just joined the game during F2P start.
    Was looking at the obscure Flickering Fire description and thinking "Doesn't look like a damage spell description. I'm a support after all. Maybe `illuminating enemies` means some upgraded alternative to q mechanic? Would fit to my Lord." :( So lies, my Lord. So Lies.
    Also, there're no `upgraded` versions of spells, right? I mean, even a +0.1 hp/s warp regeneration crate drop will make some people happy.
    Damn. Now it looks like a whine post. Let's add that the pew-pew spell has a cool sound effect. :)
  8. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Every Space Marine Tactical (and therefore by extension pretty much every Chaos Space Marine) has to go through the ranks of all other roles before they can become a Tactical.

They begin as a Scout, then they are Assault, Devastator and finally Tactical. Don't underestimate the power of a regular Bolter in experienced hands.
  9. You can still wreck face with magic. You just can't do it as a Tzeentch sorcerer. Everything about Tzeentch is just terrible, forget that it exists. The slaanesh attack spell is amazing if you can aim. It's not useful in ranged battles, but in close range you can 1v1 pretty much anybody as long as you don't miss. Take extra charge over charge regen when doing it, take out one or two guys then run away and shift position since no one can catch you.