Background Image

What Do You See When You Close Your Eyes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by SkyCake, Feb 5, 2015.

1. SkyCake SkyCake Recruit

Normally, I'm a happy go-lucky kind of person.... This is out of character for me. So, I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm typing this, or why I'm typing it on the internet, or why it's on a gaming website, or why it's on this gaming website... Please know, I'm not trying to bring anyone down. And, though these words may not say anything personal, the words themselves are personal to me. I am literally closing my eyes to type this, but I will go back to correct typos.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, what do you see when you close your eyes? As you could probably guess, this is about imagination. I see, when I close my weary eyes... A person... staring at ruins. In her hands is a broken gun. She's adorned (in the sense of beauty) in tattered rags. But, her eyes are so beautiful. I look to see what they see, losing my grip on reality as my eyes are closed when I see. We see ruins, a decaying city. My eyes began to water at the sad sight. I see through her, and I see misery. Screams of horror fill the empty streets. I reach for her hand... but, I grab something metal. The broken gun, clearly unable to fire. What broke it, I wonder? The weight... the gun is loaded. Why is the gun broken? I think to myself. She turns to me. Her face is wet, I assume from the tears. Strange how beautiful they are as the glisten in the setting sun. She points the gun at herself and pulls the trigger... *click* Nothing happens.... Why didn't I try to stop her? Suddenly, she vanishes with no sound or visual. Am I seeing, still? I look back towards the ruins, only... they're no longer ruinous. The city is bustling with life, as someone would expect. I realize, I was seeing the world as she sees it. That girl was no stranger, she was me. I fall to me knees onto the dusty and barren ground. Then, I feel something in my hand. It's the broken gun. Only, it no longer seems to be broken...

My body begins to shake as I stare at the gun. Did I try to kill myself because I saw the world for what it isn't? Or, did I see the world for what it truly is? Finally... I thought... maybe I saw my world the way others can't. In reality, the world is full of people and life. But, in my world, I'm alone, and I can't see it any other way. Did her views represent my own, or was I representing hers? Which one of us was reality? Maybe through death, I could see the world in a different light. Without looking... I drop the gun into the sand. Then, the city disappears. There's nothing around me, my world is empty. Is this a new beginning? A chance for change? I laugh as I remember... I've been here before.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So! That was my first thought, as I closed my eyes to see. I always feel better as I write. If you read that, thank you. I really enjoyed that, so I'll probably do it again in this thread, if the mods allow it. I'm really looking forward to writing again.

Thank You,
    http://emilysquotes.com/wp-content/...m-imagination-Inspirational-Collin-Wilson.jpg
  2. cancer RobotElectroJones Well-Known Member

I see the inside of my eyelids.
  3. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

As person who believes in nothing, but enjoys the thought of imagination and letting a mind wander in all the things that could be or why people are the way they are. And as person who is interested in religion and never would follow one, well at least as far as I know until today. I found this interesting.

So let me address your first paragraph.

You are posting it because you are aware something is wrong, you know you are usually a happy person, but something changed. Perhaps you know why, perhaps you don't, but something went wrong, you are that much aware. This community perhaps because you don't know really anyone here and nobody knows you. Anonymity protects your life from ever getting scared by anyone. Nobody can hurt you as words would be meaningless because they would be from strangers. But because you know something is wrong, you want to talk about it.

Though without really knowing you, who knows if I am even right about you. I can only have sympathy, for I went through a similar face. A face when it seemed nothing mattered at all, not even the slightest light at the end of the tunnel. And sometimes we don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, simply because we shut our eyes too tight from reality.

As for me when I close my eyes. Darkness. The kind of darkness that seems to absorb you, drag you deeper and shows you the horrors you never have experienced before, the kind of darkness one imagines when thinking about black holes, the end of all things, with not the slightest glow of light.
    RobotElectroJones likes this.