Background Image

What can/cant be done in the community workshop

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Rheeva, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

I'd like to add...
    • Buff indicators with timers...

2. Supposedly there are buff indicators somewhere on screen but I NEVER see them. Probably a teenie, tiny buff icon down in one of the corners of our monitor. I'll see that as often as I see my mana bar, which is never when I'm keeping an eye on my surroundings. I don't get how BHVR grasps the need for the stamina bar to be next to our character but they dont do the same for the mana bar, buff icons, weapon status, etc.
  3. While still on the UI...

- Option to make the minimap not rotate OR put all 4 compass points on so its easier to give bearings to team mates
  4. We were asking for this pre Alpha. A simple setting to allow us to LOCK the North seeking Arrow so our character icon/pointer rotates and moves while the N seeking arrow remains fixed.
    MolitvaVoina and Gashmangla like this.
  5. I remember, back in alpha I managed to speak to Christine from the UI team a couple of times and raised it with her, but alas no changes.
  6. Baelugor Bugz First Blood!

Who is even doing the UI now?? Is Christine still with the team?:confused:
  7. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Nothing prevents me from doing a "kickstarter" for an expansion. I know exactly what I would put in it as well. I think you know exactly what I would as well.

The harm obviously, is the massive rage we'll get and further outrage in reviews for asking for more money to continue developing the game. Simple as that. And I can totally relate, which is why I'm not doing it right now. Then again, we all want EC to live long and prosper, so lesser of two evils perhaps?
  8. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Christine was one of 4 UI people when the team was the largest. She's the lead on a sister team right now. We still Shanghai her for some things, mainly source material and direction.
    Bugz likes this.
  9. This could probably be the missing water drop for some rage-induced heartattacks and thus less outrage in the end. So we'll have less rage and more money for the game. Win-win I guess?!
  10. Does this mean that changes to the minimap like this are off the cards now, or are these addressed in the new minimap you guys were testing?