Background Image

What can/cant be done in the community workshop

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Rheeva, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I know this might be a bit early, perhaps at this point even you dont quite know what will or should be possible.
    Yet, I would appreciate if you could either confirm or deny a few of these points.
    I try to start with the basics and work my way up to the more complicated or controversial things:

Basic Assets
    -Audio and voice files(confirmed).
    -Menu Background, Skybox, Ambiente.
    -UI mods or addons.

Weapon Skins:
    -Retexture.(confirmed)
    -Remodel.
    -New effects, particles, etc.
    -Moving or animated parts.

Character Skins:
    -Retexture.(confirmed)
    -Remodel.(confirmed: Heroes)
    -Idle- or movement animations.
    -Physics-based modelling like cloth or hair.
    -New bones and rigs(mostly for facial).
    -Hitbox-changing additions.

New Assets:
    -Mods, Trinkets, Gear.(confirmed)
    -Advancement tree additions.
    -Unique weapon variations.(confirmed)
    -Consumables and utility
    -Psy-powers.
    -New weapon types recycling animation sets and mechanics.(confirmed)
    -New classes based on current ressources like Techpriests Ranger.
    -New Vehicles or vehicle customization options.(confirmed, just my guess: customization only)
    -Novel weapon categories.
    -Novel classes like Terminators.
    -Any asset not based directly on GW canon.

Maps and Gameplay:
    -Variations of current maps, like different day/night/weather or through other gamemodes or objective placement.
    -Emplacements, non-static map modifiers (confirmed)
    -New maps.
    -New gamemodes.
    -Gamemode-based gameplay-modifiers.
    -New background systems, for instance prestige and titles.

Feel free to add more, I am sure I missed a couple of things. I see a pretty good chance we wont see an official response any time soon, in this case the thread will still be helpful to keep the hype up.^^
    @NoahWard @Oveur
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

Defence batteries like tarantula def guns or other race def weapons
    better looking orks models
    new bullets mods
    new bikes
    open battle fields like players unknown game
  3. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Too early :)

You'll get a version of this in the Workshop categories. Answers here:

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/about-the-license-official-replies-on-workshop.69587/page-4

I bolded some of those we have discussed the most and want to start with, as they are the easiest to get rolling. The other require a lot of things which we can't open to the public yet. That's why I like open source ;)
    Bugz, Talron, KroozaNob and 3 others like this.
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Thanks, I saw the other post already and I'm looking forward to it.
    To be honest 'new weapon types' just got me pretty hyped. Not quite sure, what even to do, but thinking of, for instance, a Fire Pike.
    Oveur likes this.
  5. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

I said I liked open source, always have. Even Unreal Engine 4 is open source. Doubt we can do it with this game though, like other games. It's a legal quagmire.
  6. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

Would it be possible for you guys at BE to hold a new 'kickstarter' to raise funds for a new 'expansion' drive involving stretch goals that would mean the inclusion of content currently cut or put on hold due to lack of funds/manpower? You could also include new features. Look at Total War: Warhammer 2, that's a blatant expansion trying to be a new game. You must know many people pay ridiculous amounts of money for their Warhammer fix and this game still has that glimmer of hope and with many people who want to invest money here to see this game grow and succeed.

Understandably the game needs to have a money income source and doing it through cosmetics and other items is one such way. However would a parallel donation based kickstarter be out of the question? What harm could it do? @Oveur

Now that Bandai Namco is gone surely another fundraising initiative with acheivable goals could be organised? The foundation is already built and it seems that all that is needed is funding and time which could ensure the return of studio manpower? This game has the potential to stand the test of time and as time is the healer no one will care about any hiccups during the early years if you at Behaviour make this game the success it deserves to be. You have put so much hard work into this project and suffered much criticism.

Cloud Imperium Games had humble beginings but a bold dream handled well and now they are contracting out your talented Map team.

I truly hope for the best for this great project that so many of us are so invested in, I wish you all well and may your Crusade be Eternal.
  7. @Orkan If they could promise a open-world experience, something very similar to what has been done in PlanetSide 2 then that would be something they could pitch on a new kick-starter. Would be cool to finally just roam around, capture bases on Arkhona, and then travel to other planets/moons in the system.
    Orkan likes this.
  8. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

For sure even a 48 hour game timer mode battle on a large map with drop in and out warparties and multiple capture points would have a great following.
    BrotherDamnatus likes this.
  9. How about UI?

-showing health, armor, ammo, downed, revived but critical status of squad mates in the squad status window. Currently this rather useless window is simply a squad roster and nothing more.

-A mana bar opposite of the stamina bar off to the side of character for Sorcs, Warlocks, and any future Psyker units.

-Squad vehicle status in the squad status window. Shows health and number of passengers in squad rhino at all times(so we know if we even have a rhino up, if it's being attacked, ect).
    Gashmangla likes this.