Background Image

What are your estimates for future player-numbers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

Adjusted
  2. What exactly makes you think I think EC is gonna have a comeback? Maybe the workshop can achieve that, but I don't have too big hopes for that. It will surely bring back some players, but namely only those that want some specific skins, as it won't do much more for quite a while I think. Maybe EC will reach the 600 again, but pretty sure won't sustain them as long as nothing unexpected happens.
  3. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

The game is fine and players like the game.
    I play every day and its real nice to play EC.
    And at start of the games you see roll play and people calling the emperor etc..
    But after a while and not being able to do nothing they feel bad and leave the game, so the problem is not the idea the gameplay and the game itself, its the balance.
    I don't now if this could be tried but make the game 1 hit kill, for all. This would balance pro players and normal player maybe, don't now just an idea.

Other thing is to make some kind of reward to the loser team, like if you hold 1 point you get more xp or what ever something that even if you can't win you can fight for a smaller objective.

Problems i see:

Stomping , you see some players in one side like 4 players with 45 50 60 kills, they do this 3 game in row, and almost all players leave the game.

Balance, some AV can change a battle easy enough.

Teams pre made stomping.

And for me what is real bad is that players that come to have fun turn off feeling they are not good enough for this game. Look at kills count and tell me how can a game keep going with 1 side 25 to 60 kills and other with best player 12 kills, and a team in a range of 1 to 12 kills vs 25 to 60 in other?

I don't know how to fix it.

This game is amazing, but really needs a tweak so people play and feel some kind of accomplishment.

I don't like adad in this game because i see space marines heavy and tuff not some pussies jumping side to side.

And AV, are nice but most of the players don't use it because unless you are in good team or clan to protect you they are not safe, and its a good build like medics wen you have a team with you.

Last night from 25 * 25 for 4 games we passed to a waiting queuing of 20m because of all games were unbalanced.
    So for me the real reason of the low number of players is the unbalanced and just that.

No one wants to play a game were some X persson can kill you so easily you don't understand how he did it.

Rui M.
    LOBOTRONUS and cmonty like this.
  4. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

The unique player count of EC is terrible to start with, 650 with B2P, 1300 as F2P is a failure, at least in my book, but who cares anyway.

The player-count will drop even more, maybe (with a big MAYBE) it will raise for a week (or less), if (big IF) a marketingcampain hits the road.

But I don't call EC dead, because the servers are still online ...
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the kind of content EC would need. Unfortunately...

EC didn't have enough people for Terminators back when the game was doing well.
    For bike-warfare with high-speed-chases and recon and hit-and-run, EC would have to redo all maps and redesign all the road-blocks that control where tanks can go.
    And for open-world EC would need huge maps that you can explore, not just a bunch of ruins to fight over.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

The free to play button doesn't even work and hasn't worked in a long time,good luck getting new players.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

This comment alone probably made the player numbers rize by 25 points
    Wink wink...
  8. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

My estimate is 10.
  9. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

Eldar PRO clan is dead
  10. Corpus Pestilence cmonty Active Member

This right here is a major problem. I've seen it so many times with one dude getting 50 kills by himself and basically having perfect aim on everything to include shooting his grenades after throwing them. I've been playing the game since the beginning and im no where near that aiming ability.

This is a reason I stopped playing CSM and switched to LSM because whats the point of playing on a team just for one guy to get all the kills and be perfectly positioned every time.
    ruititadiogo and LOBOTRONUS like this.