Background Image

What are the good unique LSM weapons?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by RuntKikka, May 19, 2017.

1. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Simple question for you lot:

What weapons should I be getting exited about for my Space Wolf?

Honestly I don't see much popping up on my death screen indicating a special weapon so what are, if any, the good ones to try out?
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Sternguard Bolter for your Grey Hunter and, maybe, Wolf Priest - Master Crafted Bolter with scope and drum mag (and more reserve ammo than normal)

Chainblade of Fury for Blood Claws and Sky Claws - Strong Attack deals more damage.

Voice of the Emperor for Long Fang - Heavy Bolter with better suppression but lower damage.

For LSM exclusive weapons, Grav weapons are great support weapons that slow targets for other players to gang up on. Servo Skull for your Grey Hunter gives your team 30% more damage while it's up.
  3. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Isn't sternguard a RTC weapon? I was talking more about what comes out of boxes.

Chainblade of Fury sounds fun! :OrkGoff:
  4. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

If you want weapons from boxes, then try the Quicksilver Bolter; scoped and 3 shot burst only but it has a shorter delay between bursts. Good mid-range weapon.

Burning Light Lascannon is an AP Lascannon that deals burn damage. Got nerf'd a while back but it should still be a decent support weapon. Target Psykers and watch them burn.
  5. Karandras Codex33 Drill Abbott

Target psykers and watch them heal themselves and be totally fine you mean?
    DrDooManiC and Cath like this.
  6. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I find the Mercury bolt pistol and Quicksilver boltor top tier weapons honestly, if you can headshot then they will serve you well

Plus the all gold on the mercury and the deathwatch look of the quicksilver make them visually awesome weapons too
  7. Fangz Fangz Menial

Chainblade of Fury is a good weapon since you will be heavy attacking a lot against non-melee classes.
    If you really want something romantic, the Vulcan Multi-melta: deals more damage close range but has falloff representing old melta weapons.
  8. Brosephelon Recruit

Chainblade of Fury, its the LSM equivalent to the Burny Choppa/Necrotic Chain Sword. While it doesn't do status ailments it hits like a truck on strong attacks, this can be pretty fun with the melee vials on an Apothecary nearly letting you one shot people (gimmicky build as fuck, you should use a bolter its better, though its sorta fun).

Vulcan Multimelta. The best AV build around for LSM is the Vulcan it easily out performs other multimeltas including all the CSM ones, its arguably the only multimelta in the entire game thats even worth using.
    It doesn't hold a candle to Fire Dragons but otherwise it performs very well.

Voice of the Emperor. Heavy Bolter with more suppression than normal, its mostly a side grade and not so much of a "this is awesome" though it can be super troll against opponents when the supression is relevant.

Vengence Stormbolters. I generally consider stormbolters pretty meh, but the Vegence with its extra penetration is probably the most usable stormbolter in game.

Mace/Maul/something of Punishment. Basically a bigger badder Chainblade of Fury on a Power Mace instead of a Chainsword. I don't personally care for it much but some people seem to be really into it as a shieldbro weapon.
  9. This translates into it being a semi-acceptable self defence weapon. At the very least you should be able to take out the guy with afterburn if not outright win. The VM is also not super-awful at instating and winning fights, while still being able to hit vehicles from the top of the prefabs in Blackbolt.

The Chaos equivalent however is not as reliable for these tasks.
  10. Fangz Fangz Menial

Having to be close to use it makes it exceptionally problematic when you're trying to burn the Eldar lawnmowers, which could roadkill easily thus more safe to multi-melta from a distance or somewhere vehicles can't reach.