Background Image

What are The Demon Primarchs Doing

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by nealbulldozer, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ah I see. Forgetting that then so the Primarchs at least interact with their men. I was reading some iron warrior fluff and their Primarch is being praised by the warriors because he got them a planet
  2. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Only the part about magnus attacking SW during m32 and m40 may be considered non cannon any other example in that list still is cannon!
  3. Tallar Tallar Arkhona Vanguard

Hah I will never accept the new wulfen stuff as canon :eek::eek::eek:
  4. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Well we may never do it,but GW does so...
  5. Daemonkin Daemonkin Active Member

Most are kept in limbo simply because of how powerful they are meant to be. If they were to turn up attacking something it would require a crapload of resources to fight them off due to the forces they command. Which GW simply cannot fit into their universe any more as they have established that a couple of chapters going rogue can stir a massive problem, thus a incursion of entities of that scope would break it (much like that old eye of terror campaign).

About the only way GW can get them into fluff now is kill the universe or put them in events from well before m41 but after m31
  6. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

They seemed pretty ok to have Magnus duel a dread and some captains though...
  7. Daemonkin Daemonkin Active Member

Would that have been in the new wulfen book by chance, or something older with a cross reference?
  8. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

Battle of the Fang. Which we're now unsure about for canon, because the new Curse of the Wulfen steals plot from it.
    Also a great example of how ridiculous the Space Wolves are shown. Angron takes on an entire Grey Knights company (admittedly with his daemon guards, but still), and Magnus gets stopped by a wolf captain and his wolf guard, a dreadnought, and a chapter master Wolf. I guess there was all that pre-killing of wolves, but still.
    Galen likes this.
  9. Daemonkin Daemonkin Active Member

That conflict was set during m32 though so my previous statement did cover it. That a dread and a handful of marines almost banished him is kinda strange at best, particularly when in A Thousand Sons Magnus enters the battle and destroys armored vehicles with arcs of lightning from his staff and kills everyone who meets his gaze. While that is certainly over stated for effect it is just part of the initial effect of his joining the fight well prior to being elevated to daemon prince and the benefits that should provide.
  10. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Considering that he good punch(gargants) or zap titans(eldar) ...i dont know i guess someone forgot who he was writing about.