Background Image

Wh40k - Dumbed Down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B9F8, Dec 18, 2014.

1. B9F8 Recruit

Does anyone else find the premise of having space marines, chaos space marines, orks, eldar AND tyranids fighting over ONE planet a bit silly?

In the first place, the planet "is in the dead centre of a void of systems - right on the edge of Imperial Space" and "the entire population has been destroyed". Meaning this planet has virtually no strategic value for pretty much anyone.

Space Marines - No one left to save on the planet.
    Chaos Space Marines - No loyalists left to enslave/kill/torture.
    Tyranids - No large populations of biomass to consume.
    Eldar - No humans left to troll with prophesies.
    Orkz - Only there because all of the above came to fight over a dead planet.

If the space marines had truly come to purge the word of xenos and chaos, they would just bomb the crap out of it. If there was some special relic on the planet, they would bomb the crap out of it just the same. "Better it be destroyed than in the hands of chaos/xenos" is practically the motto of the Imperium.

It's so sad that the game developers feel like they need to include every race in wh40k universe in this game. If they could just settle of Imperium vs Chaos, they could probably choose a richer setting to build this game on (Cadia, for example, where an eternal crusade is actually being held in close proximity).

I think the developers need to realize that there's a lot more to the Imperium and Chaos than Space Marines.

In the Imperium there are Inquisitors, Assassins, Sanctioned Psykers. These are all mortals with very different fighting styles and upgrade paths.

And Chaos has cultists of four different types; worshipers of Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh or Tzeentch. All of them with wildly different personalities and fighting styles. All of them able to evolve their bodies with gifts from their gods.

I really hope for the day when WH40k's rich universe could be taken advantage of by game developers and film makers.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I'm tired of space marines.
    Dave-HTE and Garviel-Loken1 like this.
  2. Bernardus Relative Well-Known Member

But there is strategic value.
    There's a thing on the planet doing magic.
    Whiskey and Zeta_Metr0id like this.
  3. This same complaint has been voiced several times, but the devs tell us that theres going to be something story-wise that makes all these factions want Arkhona so badly
    Zeta_Metr0id likes this.
  4. Domilyus Schlifer Prefectus

It is silly....

BUT ALL OF AN SUDDEN! IS IT A PLANE? IS IT MIGUEL!?

NO IT IS GRAHAM MCNEILL WITH A BOOK IN HIS HAND, IT CARRIES A TITLE..... THE BOOKS TITLE IS

"THE REASON WHY EVERYONE IS ON ARKHONA!"

But wait.....there is more....i found this on the floor.

[​IMG]

I do not know what it is....some sort of map....i think number 5 is arkhona.....

Either you accept the fact that you did not know these two things that the races start of on arkhona which is part of an solar system with more planets to conquer, as well as the reason towards why we are on Arkhona have not been released yet, however Graham Mcneill is writing the story and the game will be part of warhammer 40k lore, these are things which counter your arguments and if not accepted or if you do not care i will object and protest in your choice and accuse you of ignorance.
  5. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Or it could be:

Space Marines - Are trying to protect ancient Imperial Technology the previous population was either exterminated for, died trying to save, or had no previous knowledge of.
    Eldar - Dispute the claim of that technology, saying that it is in fact Eldar technology.
    Chaos - Either: Wants said technology for itself (and has already exterminated said Imperial populous on it's way to get it), or wants use said planet for other.. darker.. purposes.
    Orks - Looking for a good fight - and maybe technology.
    Tyranids - Attracted by the nom noms of the Orks.
  6. Tredbull Tredbull Active Member

OP - You say you are tired of Space Marines, so you wish to remove the Orks and the Eldar, so there will be only Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines? This does not make any sense. Or am I missing something here?
  7. B9F8 Recruit

Dan Abnett > Graham Mcneill

Even so, I am 99% sure the reason why there are so many races fighting in close proximity is because the developers want their space elves, fighting space orks, fighting super space humans etc etc. NOT because Graham Mcneill thought this would be a good idea.
    Garviel-Loken1 likes this.
  8. Domilyus Schlifer Prefectus

Whats your vision of a warhammer 40k mmo?
  9. I would be Ok if we removed Spacemarines and Chaosspacemarines, let it be a Xenos game. Deal?

Maybe wait untill you know the reason for them to fight?

And honestly, just say what you really mean:
    You want more Imperium of Man.
  10. B9F8 Recruit

It's true, I want more Imperium but I also want more chaos. :)

I want to be able to explore desecrated (or guarded, if chaos) hive worlds and climb them level by level until I reach the top to some grand boss. I want to fight in warzones surrounded by IG units of every kind, against Chaos units of every kind. Not just space marines.

And I want races to be included gradually through expansions, because each race should be given the respect and care they deserve.