Background Image

WH40k And Furries

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Pouncey, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I know this is probably a bad idea, but I just really want to understand why WH40k fans have the strongest anti-furry sentiment out of any fanbase I've ever seen, and I thought I'd open a dialogue about it to sate my personal curiosity.

I'll start by stating my perspective on the matter.

From my perspective, the furry fanart and such that is considered to be "corrupting and twisting" 40k lore is much more innocuous than the 40k fanbase seems to be treating it.

Really, here's how it works, to furries.

Furries do not have their own fictional universe to call their own. They are an aesthetic, an art style, a way to create a character. When a furry creates their character, it is their character. It represents them to the Internet, and to the world. Sort of like a persona that's used to interact with the world.

However, furries have a ton of other interests, too. And furries love to create artwork of their characters. So when a furry character is drawn in the armor or equipment or outfit of a fictional universe, in this case WH40k, it's like a version of them in the WH40k universe. It's like imagining themselves, in that universe.

One thing you'll quite clearly notice with furry 40k fanfiction, is that they tend to invent an entirely new alien race, and usually there is a lot of conflict with the Imperium. Furries, in this instance, can be thought of as a fanfiction alien race in the 40k universe. It's not meant to be canonical, it's meant to create a bit of imagined fun. The conflict is usually because furries know very well how intolerant the Imperium is.

Then they need a reason why the Imperium didn't wipe them out upon meeting them, in order to keep their fictional race of furry aliens. So they invent a reason why the Imperium would work out a bit of a secret arrangement with them, to permit their existence in exchange for something valuable.

It's really no different than a Space Marine fan inventing their own chapter. Which is why furries are often so confused as to why 40k fans are so hostile toward furries. 40k is based around making your own army your way. It's not an attempt to twist and corrupt things, it's just an attempt to create fanfiction, to personalize our experience to our liking.

Alright, now you guys can explain to me why furries cannot be tolerated in 40k. Just, like, explain, all in one go, why it's so awful. I'm interested in hearing how it came to be. I like learning about reasons why things happen. : D

Side note: It's also kinda a bit of a funny observation to us when the 40k fans who hate furries are all like, "Rrrrgh, damn furry/40k cross-overs! I'll show them by making my own furry/40k cross-over artwork where Space Marines kill furries!" because it's like you're making the exact thing you hate so much, but you think you're not.
  2. 'EadThwacka Im_a_Turtle Arkhona Vanguard

I will speak for everyone.

"No. Stop it. Close your thread. There's only so much cringe one can handle."

Unless this is a joke, do continue.
  3. Asyran Eldritch First Blood!

Most of the time it is a joke towards Space Wolves. Which is in response to the changes in fluff of the Wolves. I.E. Wolfen or w/e.

Plus it is fun to make fun of the Space Corgis:
    Much Wolf.png
  4. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Off topic section thread is off topic section thread.
  5. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Off-topic section seemed dead last time I was there.
  6. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Forum rules are general section is meant for game related stuff. As long as you keep the thread going people will show up.to discuss. I had something like 40 pages on a thread about 40k book likes and dislikes at one point.
  7. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I guess a moderator could move it then?
  8. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

I see @Asheru is on maybe tagging while get it moved.
  9. DongSlayer DongSlayer Steam Early Access

If you are bored , go read a book or watch smth on tv or something man ... too late in the night to have this shit.
    Yuki likes this.
  10. They're called Beastmen and Abhumams and they are merely cannon fodder.
    VeravolCeyrsilde, Maensith and Yuki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.