Background Image

We're down to 614 players for a 24-hour peak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halcyon, Jun 24, 2017.

1. KHETTI Active Member

The bottom line is this, the Russian advertising campaign is essentially f2p 2.0, a marketing tactic used to hold off the game closure until they can recoup their loses.
    Nothing will change, they will pull in new players with promises of this and that will happen, while they try to sell sub-par items in micro transactions, and NOTHING will happen, just like before.
    And we will see a repeat of what we see now, and Bhvr will rinse and repeat this process until finacially this game breaks even, then they will pull the plug.
    That's the absolute most you can all hope for.
  2. we are all already here
    Sneaky-krumpin and AddyRedrum like this.
  3. As a russian player, i can say - fuck this game, nothing will save it. Because it's obvious that the development team have no money and passion to expand it. The heresy of this game is confirmed, Inquisition spoke, and there is no other solution to this situation but Exterminatus. I bought this game for a pretty big price in early access, i loved the gameplay and was hoping to see bugs removed, visuals improwed, new cool features added. The game got so much potential... and now it is all turned to ash. Fuck this game.
  4. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

I do agree with you Xeprim, I don't think much will 'save' the game at this point. I think they can do some things to keep it going on as it is, maybe bring some new players in, but ultimately it will fade into the sunset. All games do, the issue and disappointment is the game hasn't even been out a year yet and has already pissed off/lost a vast majority of its population.

Even for me I'm getting pulled away to other games that have been escaping my attention for too long.ots hard to justify even logging on more than a few times a week anymore, especially since none of my guild even plays the game anymore. They've all moved onto other games which support guilds. Plus once I do play, there's literally 50 players on across all factions....not very inspiring. I still have yet to play witcher 3 and dishonoured 2...I've been avoiding them in fears they will pull my attention away from EC, but with my guild gone I guess I don't have much choice anymore.
  5. Go do that. It's a much better investment of your time at the mo.

The only real glitch is Roach the horse and even then it's funny when he bugs out.

If things work out here, come back but while we wait the Witcher is amazing!
    Vortex500 and AddyRedrum like this.
  6. I don't have much time to play games, if i find I have lots of time i will probably play on match of EC, this is probably like once a month at the moment.

I havent and wont get DOW3 till it looks like a good game. DOW had epic campaigns and multiplayer. Would still play DOW multiplayer if friends wanted to. DOW2 had even more epic Campaigns and Last Stand was amazing (wasnt a fan of the new Multiplayer style). To be honest I just want Relic to add more content to DOW2 Last Stand.
    If they make a Last Stand for DOW3 or Relic or the Community make a MOBA. (Hell a mix of MOBA and Last Stand characters Fused would be epic.) then I might look at DOW3.

Also with the new rules out I am pulling out my old minis, giving them a fresh coat of paint like alot of other 40k Fans right now.
  7. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

I've been fighting playing it for so long. I have 1 and 2, but both crash so much I never got into them. I almost wanna find a way to fix the first two so I can play them and not miss out on any story, but I may need to bite the bullet and just do it. Everyone says how amazing it is. Last time I got into an open world game was skyrim, which was great, but combat was too easy later, especially if you were a warrior type.

I like witcher cause combat is somewhat challenging starting off, which makes you think about each battle you're committing to.

But I need to move on from EC soon. Even today I played some eldar games...one game I had 13000 points and 35 kills, next I had like 5000 points and 20 kills, and the next we were completely destroyed. Sometimes when I play as eldar it seems like winning is just random. Especially with eldar PuGs...people playing a game they don't know much about on top of the squishiest faction never works out well.

But really eldar gameplay gets boring for me because I end up having to be a fire dragon and chase Tranports cause no one else is doing it. If you don't, you literally have zero chance of winning unless your whole team is uber players. So with PuGs I inevitably end up tank hunting...which is so easy and requires not too much skill really. Especially with double melta bomb.

I find I have much more fun playing other factions. It's just so much less frustrating. Even then, I gotta move on from EC...it's taken 500 hours of my life, even more than skyrim. Unless I find dedicated guilds still playing my motivation to keep playing is dying fast.
    ArchKnightHough likes this.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

just 500?
  9. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

Pretty much this, I get so sick of hearing from people that I should already know about this. Wrong, you want me to know about your game market to me.

Game developers are making bad games. They deserve to be slammed for it and have their reps tarnished for it.

The gamers are not responsible for that. This buyer beware shit has to go.

You make a shitty game and I buy it fine, but don't expect me to buy another game or spend money on your shit again.

beHaviour, Gazillion, EA, just to name a few will NEVER get my money again.
  10. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

Wish I would have known that I wouldn't have bought it.

That's as bad as Gazillion having Bendis write their story.

Goto sucks...(not as bad as Ward, but up there)