Background Image

Weekly Event(Saturdays and Sundays)

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Njord-Halfhand, Jul 9, 2017.

1. 10 player, 20 player, 30 player horde mode vs Nids using current PVP maps.

10,000 Nids assaulting Harkus vs 30 defenders. Limited individual respawns(3 per player) per phase of battle. The carnage! Earn additional respawns for your team similar to THQ's Exterminatus mode. Secure the LZ outside the Fortress to allow more reinforcements(X amount of additional defender lives).

The bugs attack players and destructible "nodes" inside the fort. The destructible nodes effect players ability to defend the fortress. Ammunition cache(effects availability of ammo in the ammo chests), medical facility(effects #of respawns available per wave), power generators(destruction takes quad guns and grav lifts offline). Smaller Nids can climb the walls so they dont need to take down gates FYI. The bigger ones use the bypass points.

Tie rewards in with the new personal goals system. Rewards to include PVE exclusive character titles along with PVE exclusive weapon, armour and vehicle skins.

"Stalwart"
    "Bastion"
    "Savior of Harkus"
  2. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

Wonder how hard this would be to implement honestly. It would be amazing fun and something pretty simple.
  3. Well Ronan has the most obvious pathing to be used, but on the whole I like the idea. I'd still limit teams to 5-man Kill-Teams (for the fluff,) but spawn in on the same map. Could even test it on a map like Zedek A with a 5-man team and expand up from there...

As for rewards, I still want objectives that award part of an actual Deathwatch Armor set (Black armor skin, DW Left Shoulder, Chapter-Marked Right Shoulder.)
    Talron and Njord-Halfhand like this.
  4. Victors Justice Vae Arkhona Vanguard

This is an idea I would stand behind
  5. Is this called weekly event because you want to suggest it be one?
  6. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

With a fun idea like this, it's a shame the devs said no Nids on the existing PvP maps. Maybe if they made a new map specifically for this.
  7. The problem isn't that they don't want it, but rather to put 'Nids in they'd have to add spawns, pathing, behavior, etc, and the people they had for that are on another project now.
    XavierLight likes this.
  8. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm aware of why we won't see Nids on PvP maps. Still think it's a shame but that's life.
  9. what game are we talking about?