Background Image

Weapons Unlocked Permanently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kenny, Mar 21, 2014.

1. You do realize that nids will be constant threat to all races right? That they will also be going for points and also attacking the strongest race the hardest? That they can also win the campaign too right.
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

You are going to have to quote the "winning campaigns" notion, i have been following each tidbit of info religiously and they never said the NPC race will win a campaign.
    That being said irrelevant of the fact that they will be a constant threat to all races a NPC threat could never and can never compare to the mind of an actual intelligent player.
    NPCs have a style of behavior like any game, good games program in another substyle to make the game look more intelligent (see FEAR series) yet in the end like anything programmed it can be learned and it can be predictable.
    Thats why for example in GW2 the bane of PvE at launch, the Giganticus Lupicus who took people by surprise comparing it to other content and wiped more pugs than one can count (5 man raid) is now finished by 1 man naked who learned him to every second, or people who learned him in every movement and recently beat the record of killing him in 3 seconds.

If better gear should emerge anywhere it should be where the metagame changes, not where it is static and repeatable. Plus in the end the massive majority is coming into this game to PvP not PvE.
  3. Ironbark Ironbark Subordinate

I was just trying to propose something different from logging in, pvp killing, earning req and buying master crafted items. All this scenario will do is have everyone wearing MC gear in just a few weeks (maybe a month depending on how quickly you earn req and how much MC stuff would cost.

The reason I chose pve is generally that is the best environment where a group of players can come together in a coordinated fashion and achieve a set goal using tactics and teamwork. This is a fundamental reason why players form Guilds/Chapters/Clans. The game needs to have an aspect to it in order to promote the forming of Guilds/Chapters/Clans or else whats the point? I can run around as a lone wolf and earn req as fast as the next guy.

IB
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

How does that solve the situation thats bugging you then? What is the difference if everyone is wearing MC gear in 2 weeks or 4 months? In the end everyone will be in MC gear in both your examples plus the people who dont want to have anything to do with PvE will be forced to PvE and be displeased that they had to PvE in a game they bought for PvP.
  5. WoW, the amount of OFF-Topic is just wow........
    This is not topic about PVE, about real money, about who will win the campaign... etc.

Just a simple question "WEAPONS UNLOCKED PERMANENTLY?", and even moderators go off-topic.
    So can someone just lock this topic?
  6. I am on my phone so I will get back to you later to day. In about 6 or 7 hours. I know here I read this info but want to matter sure I get everything right
  7. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

Why? Is it somehow hurting you, or otherwise hindering your forum usage? The mods here are relaxed and allow us to drift in topics where things shift from one focus to another. They step in when it gets too far off course or too heated, as good mods should, but don't hold our hands with the iron grip of strictness. And the forum works fine with that as the way.

IF the topic is to be locked it's either by mod decision or OP request. It's bad form to ask for closure in a topic because you dislike its content. That's what reporting is for.
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Srsly, if you dont want to contribute im not seeing why even bother posting. If the mods deem it lockable they will lock it, they surely showed that they arent shy in doing that before.
    The thread is still on weapon unlocks.
    DreadForce83 and Akragth like this.
  9. Sharr Savage Curator

I honestly doubt the Devs would do something like this. The thought that there's a time period for a purchase in a game is B.S. You paid for it why not keep it.
    Planetside 2 has trials for all it's weapons so players can test them out. After that if they buy the gun it's theirs.
    Sledgecrushr likes this.
  10. I won't kill a living discussion which is about EC and it is still close to the topic of this thread BTW

I could move the posts to a new thread but I don't think that it is necessary

i think its good if everyone has to do some PvE and PvP
    even if they don't want to do one of this, its still part of the game

but I'm still against loot farming to get some bolter out of a nid corps
    Sledgecrushr, Ironbark and Sharranous like this.