Background Image

Weapons Unlocked Permanently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kenny, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Ironbark Ironbark Subordinate

Not sure I like this idea either. MC gear should be a reward not a hindrance.

IB
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

How do you want to restrict MC gear then?
    Thrakas likes this.
  3. by only giving it out to me :3

i think better higher tier gear shouldnt be a simple "you are now stronger" thing
    it should be "you are now better in this but weaker in this"
    and that is what the point system do
    Murtag, Perfidious and DjemoSRB like this.
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Agreed, except you know, not giving it to Savij but giving it to me.
  5. What about items you get during a campaign lasting only for that campaign? Not talking about using real world money btw.
  6. Loot loot ev'reewear fer da orkz'z dat iz Dakka Dakka Dakka
  7. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

what is the point then? getting a weapon for a month or two?
  8. I think that everybody completely missed the OP question, he wasn't asking if you could buy gear/weapons for Real money, just that if "unlock" a weapon during you progresion, if that weapon stays with you forever or does it have some kind of "expiration" date.

So the answer, once you unlock the weapon/gear trough Requsition points or XP, it's your's forever, exception is "Hero gear" terminator suits and similar, and vehicles, they have either time limit, or you loose them upon destruction.
  9. I didn't think the OP was asking about real money - his example was using in-game currency, after all.

I'd also just like to add a couple of bits to your answer. My understanding is that the potential to use a weapon is unlocked using XP, and this type of unlock is permanent. Actually equipping it may, or may not, have additional restrictions - either through resource cost to spawn it (although as you rightly point out, this has only been mentioned in the context of Hero classes or vehicles so far), or through a 'better' weapon taking up a greater proportion of your character's point allocation, forcing you to make sacrifices elsewhere.

Things spawned with requisition are not permanent and, as you say, expire depending on time, death or a mixture of the two still to be confirmed.
  10. Ironbark Ironbark Subordinate

As I stated in my original post