Background Image

Was the Cannon really nerfed?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by DrDooManiC, May 26, 2017.

1. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

actually being on the receiving end of the kannon I've learned why it's harder to dodge than I originally thought. I am always hit by the thing before I even hear them shoot it and as a corpse I get to watch the projectile casually fly at walking pace to the location of my corpse before exploding.

It's not a weapon that can be dodged. That explains why everybody I kill by the thing are under some notion that they can play chicken. They're not expecting a horribly desynced murder laser.
  2. MannDeus Recruit

That happens (in)frequently. I swear I missed square and straight with kannon several times, only to see a corpse fly up. Sometimes I see direct hits and nothing. So latency issues or some graphical bugs, I believe?
  3. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

what about the tempest launcher? it can down me with no charge up time at short ranges where the plasma cannons snap shot would be useful.

it really feels like plasma cannons got the short end of the stick when it comes to AOE weapons, cant even down any non eldar on a direct hit, and far less effective when defending itsself compared to the tempest launcher.

its closest to the normal reaper launcher, but that can One shot Kill(not down) and has a decent snap shot to defend itself like the plasma.

I see tempests reaper launchers and kannons all the time, but almost never see a plasma cannon.
  4. Genos Brutuz Steam Early Access

Then you should play more against LSM and stop using just one faction.
    Plasma cannon is a pain in the ass and anyone can just buy it at this point.
    I had been using the plasma cannon and tbh its easy for me just to follow few LSM players along and support them with long range attacks.

We all felt the sting of the long range weapons from every faction on the battlefield but that doesn't stop us from respawning and fighting to the bitter end or barely achieved victory.

And try to dodge or take cover ok?
    Last thing we need is another LSM main-er whining in the ork forum section.

[​IMG]
  5. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

yeah i gave this to one of those burning marines yesterday
  6. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

I get one shotted by plasma cannon direct hits all the time with full health as an ork. I also kill a bunch of people using the plasma cannon on my lsm character. It works very different from a kannon but it still works just fine.
    thantrus, Forj and XavierLight like this.
  7. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

If you actually aimed with the Kannon, it actually didn't get nerfed, since if your hitting the person themselves it'll still space program their corpse. The area of effect of the plasmacannon is (Of course) bigger, but it's nowhere near as big as it used to be.

I've noticed them being spammed when LSM attack on Hold the Line maps. As well as some new grenade bundle meta.

You'z aint lived tilll you'z been trapped in B point on Zadek wiv grenades flyin' everywer! I'z still 'av flashbacks to dat day.
  8. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

If anything it's a buff because you can point blank safely
  9. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

It would be, if i actually used the base Kannon. I however use the Napalm one. Through grenade at feet, Dbash and dodge back still works.
  10. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

i haven't gotten that yet, still trying to get big shoota parts