Background Image

Was the Cannon really nerfed?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by DrDooManiC, May 26, 2017.

1. Greetingz boyz.

Until now i was always either a support guy, a dakka guy or a stabby guy. Not much of a Loota, so i did what i did with the dark reaper and basically force myself to play nothing else until i feel comfortable with it.

So, i tried out the Loota. And the Cannon. I remember the Cannon-geddon and how brutal it was to fight against it. Now i've picked it up myself and tried it out and... dayum, it's still awesome. Awesome AoE, instakill...

What has changed?
  2. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

Unless it lands on you are right next to you, it does little damage. I've had shots targets have survived before with the Kannon but they were the exception rather than the rule.
  3. MannDeus Recruit

The kannon is still super versatile weapon, having good AV capacity and acting very much like plasma cannon against infantry. Now, go master the "grenade tap" mode and make orks proud...
  4. Genos Brutuz Steam Early Access

Wow really?

[​IMG]
  5. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Yeah the AoE insta-kill isn't present anymore, damage scales much better the further you are from the blast. Direct hit will still insta-gib you though.
  6. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

You didn't wait long nufgh, fishing and baiting takes time mate
  7. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

i still get instant gibbed by indirect hits :(

Can still tank a plasma cannon direct hit to the face though.

Totes fair.
  8. Cydonia Cydonia Well-Known Member

Plasma Cannon can defend itself up close. The Kannon cannot. That's about the only reason I can think of.

If you are moving, the chances of them scoring a hit are slim to none anyway.
  9. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

Currently the kannon requires a bit more skill to pull that OHK, the AoE where you insta die is really tiny now, it allows for really small miss(about a 20cm if im not mistaken) other than that if youre a low toughness/armor/health then there is a chance you get insta gibbed because of your low EHP as the AoE still does damage, the true OHK comes from direct hit tho, thats still lethal
    Kaptin_Pokkets and Brutuz like this.
  10. MannDeus Recruit

But Kannon can too with the pathetic puff of a shell and then hoping RNG for once shines on you and the shell actually explodes somewhere near that execution hungry assault marine smacking on your green ass...