Background Image

Warparties maxed at 15 is now a thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CabalTrainee, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Canis Henji Arkhona Vanguard

It's undeniable that given the current situation of the game (both in maps and playerbase) this was bound to happen.

I think our guild won't be harmed too much in the matter Nemiel as we usualy gather around 12-14 people if we not coordinating with another guild.

Once (if) they start deploying chained maps in the future we might see this changing soon, but I won't be holding my breath on this one.

The grim truth is that any guild with more then the avaible capcity right now will have to adapt to the reality of the game, including ours.
  2. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Howdy all, this is a temporary thing which addresses something you must have noticed already.

We now prevent larger than 15 warparty because: it would not be allowed to participate in a 15v15 match (because it cannot fit), so it would restrict the "available maps" to 20v20 or 30v30, it would also make it "stall forever" because it could have picked a random map where it cannot fit and keeping retrying for eternity.

Another problem is the map will be repeated over and over, for example two opposing warparties of 15 players are currently stuck playing the same potential two maps over and over.

So there is good reason for this and we'll see how it works out. It obviously has it's drawbacks so we're trying this approach.

Clan matches aren't going out, quite the opposite. I mean we wrote and are expanding a system specifically for it.

So let's try it out and see for now while this gets worked out.

And yes, we're working on patch notes or more correctly, I am, Houman is still out of order.
    JojoKasei likes this.
  3. And what if you planned to queue for Grand battles. Also if 15 is the limit for the small skirmishes a warparty of 15 has basically the same "problem" as before as there would always be a single person jumping in and blocking the warparty out.

The clan matches I see totally apart from the normal matches as these require a good amount of organization between the clans, which in theory is nice but not very practical. If it would put you automatically against a random other clan on a random map and taking part in the map progress and future campaigns then it might be a valid alternative.
  4. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Can't queue for Grand Battles. And no, our matchmaking works with this, it's kind of why we chose that number ;)

By clan matches, I wasn't referring to organized play, I was referring to just ingame competitive play as part of the campaigns and general war effort.