Background Image

Warparties maxed at 15 is now a thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CabalTrainee, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

So is this temporary or permanent? @Oveur

20161216094413_1.jpg
  2. Wiawyr Wiawyr Deacon

We noticed this earlier as well. We applaud the devs' forward-thinking in realizing that larger warparties are unlikely to be a thing as more and more people quit. :)
    Slough_Monster and Nimrock like this.
  3. I'm hoping this is just temporary for when they try to scale up player numbers (which iirc they were going to try soon) so that one large war party doesn't break the system but I'm not technical so I don't know if that's even a real risk :) or possibly for the launch of campaigns to give smaller groups a chance.

Really don't want this to be permanent, playing with larger groups are some of the best times I've ever had in EC, particularly two large warparties against each other!
  4. Hædron Haedron Curator

15 is still pretty much guaranteed to wreck any non-organized random team hard.

Having the option to have war parties solely face other war parties instead of joining random games would be preferrable, but from what I gather, player count prohibits this right now. Won't get those numbers to grow though if the first thing new players encounter is a roflstomp by a guild war party. Hence the limit is a good idea, but still a too lenient cutback on numbers.

As I know only the perspective of the stomped, though, I might be slightly biased, so take this... with a grain of salt (*badum tiss*).
    Braken, JojoKasei and Markosian like this.
  5. I agree about being stomped being off putting and you're right, facing another guild would be preferable. I would say though on a fortress having 15 pugs throw away tickets whilst you're warparty runs a coordinated defence can still lose you a match and is one of the most frustrating things ever!

That's a fairly small concern though, I'm more worried because, if this is permanent, it seems like another nail in the coffin of massive battles that could be truly coordinated by organised sides. Before warpaties were introduced one of the things I was most looking forward to was an entire match being made up of just two guilds, being able to coordinate and support as a faction and we just seem to be getting further and further away from that :(
    Wiawyr and JojoKasei like this.
  6. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

They've been slowly scaling back the elements, like voip and allchat. Don't be surprised if this stays like this.
    Wiawyr likes this.
  7. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

All chat was a train wreck. Voip is being worked on. Limited warparties? No idea what the reasoning was behind that but at a guess maybe to limit waiting time?
  8. What???? That kills our weekly events! What heresy is that o_O
  9. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Guild events will have to deploy in squads then. Annoying but I see no way around.
  10. That is more than annoying! That means it splits our friends as it is not guaranteed that we end up in the same match. E.g. how do we queue up for the same Grand Battle if we are >20 people.

Man this week turns out to be a big downer, 1st Deathwing coop is totally crap (why not take the Vermintide aproach?!) and now this patch we all were hyped for in our clan just screws up our plans for happy community event the last weekend before Christmas.
    Henji likes this.