Background Image

WARlock

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

This shows pretty much the dilemma the EC team is in. They lost the real devs and any kind of longtime plan for development. As much as jordan tries, why was this needed or even considered a good idea (and this comes from someone who is advocating for some eldar buffs / QoL-changes)?

Prior 1.3 we already had "strong" Support melee meta overshadowing the regular classes and it took the HP nerf and the "forcepower" nerf to carve out a niche for the true and regular melee classes. In the Eldar case we even have -2- of those fighting for a or the same niche and yet we see this item appear which enables the warlock back into action when his supportrole (enhance and healing) was already sufficient enough to pick 1-2 per match without any additional melee strenght required. Shooting yourself in the foot much?

If anyone would have needed some love or a new item it would have been the banshee but i guess as someone else pointed out in this stage you can delete it and call it a failed concept because it will never coexist next to scorpion or warlock in a meaningfull way without ruining those classes in the process.
  2. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

If I'm to be honest, I would have preferred that the Banshee had gotten the flame sword instead. The black sword is underrated though.
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

banshee is still the best melee for eldars

give them the axe you made krayt(me likey the axe)

maybe fix the protect to give + toughness or a another warp shield that reflect bullets

and a freaking working iron halo for god sake
  4. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Why stick out when you can blend in? Why announce your presence with a scream when you can ambush from stealth? Why pick up Powersword when a DoT weapon (even on the shittiest tier) out performs it? Why choose a class with less armor when you can have all the other advantages plus more armor? Why choose Banshee when Scorpion is better in every way? You should only play a Banshee if your name is Asheru and you have a lady boner for them because of TT.
  5. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

you know Asheru is a dude right

a banshee strong attack is beautiful
    Deathwish likes this.
  6. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

I know she is a dude. I've talked to her in discord numerous times and all she drones on about is Banshees and Eldar and how much she loves kicking toxic players from games and locking pro level shit posts.
    As long as Asheru insists on parading around as a woman on the internet, I will continue to oblige the charade and refer to her by the gender she identifies as.
    Deadknight likes this.
  7. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

I had once thought of mana using shields for Sorc and Warlock. It would be equipped into your side arm slot as an power, that like Force, once activated functions like an Lsm stormshield that uses mana as durability. At best case it would be situational as cant pool up charges and im not sure if can give toughness to an effect.
    Its strength would be best described as an targe rather than a kite shield, when compared to lsm stormshield or even the truckdoors of orks, still would do wonders functioning like an extra save in tight situations when used correctly.
  8. I heard Banshee... Buff plz. ;)
  9. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

maybe a new armor or fix the trinket system

banshee trinket 10% life or armor