Background Image

WARlock

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I thought I'd share a build i have been having a lot of fun with today:
    2018-04-15 03_37_34-Start.png

It's no secret that the Warlock has been our best melee-class for quite a while, yet many people prefer the Scorpion for Lashsword and stealth.
    I have been running this build for maybe 15, 20 matches over this evening and the last and I really got to love it. It would be an understatement to say that I am out of practice as far as melee goes yet I have been consistently winning 1v2s, some 1v3s and the occasional 1v4.
    Even more effective with a good DA or a whole team at my side, this synergizes fairly well with about everything.

The effective Damage of the Witchblade of Fire with Force is around 179/282, ignoring a significant chunk of Toughness.
    You are able to passively heal yourself and your allies and deal similar damage to a Howling Banshee on a debuffed target+visual noise.

The reason I love this build is that its as close as you will get in Eternal Crusade to 'skillful' melee.
    Low durability, DoT and Embolden encourage defensive and evasive gameplay, rather than spamming for maximum damage-output and clanglock.
    High damage and low EHP mean mistakes for both sides are very punishing.
    The heal encourages teamplay and is very valuable for small-unit gameplay without a true Enhancelock backing you up.

I am thinking about replacing the health-trinkets with Sreg, because I end up using a lot of evade-attacks and tend to run out of Stamina when I really need it.
    GrazewoundZeroLow and CuCulainn like this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Also I want to try a variant with Destructor since I don't feel like Force adds a lot to this build and I would like a Pistol but not the tripple weapon-swap.
    We will see, in any event this could easily double as Enhancelock.
  3. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Of course not, Stamina Regeneration is usually better than Stamina, although I have been considering it for this build.

An Enhancelock is this:
    http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/eldar-loadout-guide.70219/
    (Easier this way than re-uploading)
    Charge-Regen>Charge>Everything else
    Renewer and Embolden both work fine.

What I would consider here is simply dropping the nade and run Enhance instead, playing the build as melee-main with buffing-capabilities on top.
    The 20% more EHP should compensate for the damage-loss from not having Force
  5. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Good to see more dot melee weapons for factions that don't need any other required gear to use.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

This one is better than the Necrotic, too. (I found Lashsword deals 5*5 ailment damage on dummies, burning weapons deal 7*10)
    Thankfully we don't have a jetpack, that would be cancer.
  7. I use Fusion pistol (for shield bros) , heavy armor, Fire warlock blade, Embolden, and Force, no grenades or ammo.
    So far so good
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251564283?t=00h15m43s
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

So now that warlock has a Flamming sword can we delete the banshee as a class ?
    LucianNostra and Deathwish like this.

9. that debuff is awesome, if you had a crew of 1 enhance, 1 protect, 1 banshee, and the rest scorps + flame 'locks you would have a melee death star
  10. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Overlapping classes confirmed. Time to nerf something.