Background Image

Warlock... WTF..

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by RayneF, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

I'm at the point where I only have access to all the basic start off stuff like a heel I have jinx and as requested or suggested I should say I'm going to ditch the pistol.. at what point do I acquire the skills Beyond Jinx and that start off heal?
  2. Yep
  3. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

How do I join up?
  4. Velenor Subordinate

Except that warlocks are more fragile and have inferior heals.
    But its ok because they have a single heal. its not like they were given different spells so you could specialize into different roles. No they were intended to be Enhance buffbots.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

they are not more fragile since they are enhanced 24/7 , and they have the same heals as the sorcerer so they are not "inferior" , but hey not like all eldar classes are means to fullfill a role so sorry if the enhance buffbot dont appeal to you but its how its meant to be played
  6. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

I'm not sure if you're being condescending towards the warlock or if your just being satire on the whole Loyalist versus Chaos Space Marines and how they're focused on More by the the Devs and the Elder are kind of on the back burner.. which kind of ticks me off
  7. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

Enhance buffbot as they are seeming to be being I've only been playing for about 2 days now.. I still say that the development team should give them something else so that if you do the tyranid PVE or something of that nature where the teams aren't exactly all that balanced that a warlock if they have to, can jump into the fight and not be a primary healer or enhance buffbot as it's been coined so far in this topic, but they should be able to deal some significant amount of damage like a Dyer Avenger or a howling Banshee or even a Devastator..
  8. Velenor Subordinate

We didnt have Enhance for the longest time, nor is it something you should balance the entire fucking faction around. If they need enhance to compete with the other classes you might as well just give the stats from Enhance and remove the spell outright.
    They are inferior because the chaneled heals heal a percentage of the total HP pool, eldar HP pools are smaller. even out bleedout HP pools are smaller. the heals are not nearly as effective.

How can you argue the Warlock was meant to be a buffbot when it didnt launch with Enhance and it's had both offensive and support spells besides enhance for the longest time
    Gravewalker and Faeruin like this.
  9. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

You make many good point Val..
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

why are you talking about the past ? whats the point ? hey in alpha eldar didnt even exist so why bother right ? if u want to argue about something talk about now not what happened a year ago
    and yes the heal is % based but its still the same % so its basically the same spell , the only difference is eldar beign squeeshyer not the spell being inferior and still an enhanced target beign healed is better than a sorcerer healing some dude since you will benefit from 20% damage reduction and 20% damage buff