Background Image

Warlock... WTF..

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by RayneF, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

I had heal and protec at the time. because I protec. But i am still not sure about the role of the warlock ATM, because i can't say whether I am doing more greater good than when i play hawk or FD
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

-If we are forced into fighting, the team needs 1-2 Enhance-Warlocks.
    -If we are defending, we need at least 2, good Fire Dragons, preferably in a Vehicle, 1 if we are attacking.
    -A small squad of skilled Hawks can do great damage, if the players know their shit. They aren't equally viable for every role, best suited for defending a point under open air.
    -Striking Scorpions are great to solo-guard offpoints against stealthcaps.
    -Dire Avengers are the main ground-force and, together with Shuriken Cannons, our line of defense.
    -Reaper Launchers can be fun to attack heavily fortified positions or counter-snipe.
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

haha though so

i keep using protect for 3 months no freaking exp for helping allies

i change to healing and give boon ability
  4. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

I like the idea of this spell too, but sometimes I have a feeling that comrades die as fast as when i cast nothing. Sometimes even faster than if I take DA instead and shoot enemies instead of keeping up the protec spell
  5. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

To all the math loving guys. Guys, I remember that, mathematically, it is not possible, I am talking about the feeling.
  6. Thalion100 Recruit

I tried Protect several times but always found it inferior to Enhance. As a Team - one Warlock using Prot the other Enhance - its golden. But thats a rare occasion.

Enhance your team, embolden your team and as soon as embolden runs - flank the enemy and stab them in the back. Still works like a charm (ofc i am not talking about highly experienced pre-made groups).

We cannot face tank - but we are expert flankers

Lexaja
  7. Seraphel Recruit

I like Flickering Fire better than Lash.

Flickering fire nukes shieldbros, heat ailment means I can dodge and they're still taking damage, and I get the tzeentch heal which is better than slaaneshi heal because it's a fire and forget. The hitpoint loss sucks but c'est la vie.
    data_angel likes this.
  8. Drakkoth Krypto Arkhona Vanguard

The difference could be that the HB was doing headshots while the reaper was just trying for bodyshots

I'd also like to say that doombolt is a great spell to use to fire into blind corners that the enemy is trying to assault from. I think of it as a short range(10-30 meters) plasma cannon. So using it makes you into a havoc with better mobility, an infinite heal, and a decent melee weapon. The biggest drawback it has is the giant warning it gives as it slowly approaches hence the blind corners thing.
    data_angel likes this.
  9. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Doombolt's projectile speed is awful. Also you can shoot it midflight, like you would do to an grenade. In all, its rather an inferior grenade.
  10. Doombolt takes a few shots to kill unlike the grenade where it takes 1.