Background Image

Warlock... WTF..

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by RayneF, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Warlock is enhanced and embodlen/renewer
    Sorc is lash and a heal (slaneesh only)
    anything besides that is inferior
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

<-- making inferior builds wreck face since 2017
    data_angel and Tamu like this.
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

is protect useless ?

or damage like ironhalo
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

one nade -> everyone inside the bubble is dead
    yes protect is garbo
    data_angel likes this.
  5. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

About attacking SORC spells:
    IMHO, lash is very good, because it helps you to reach shooter-class enemy safely, because, in mass brawl, usually, ppl start taking you seriously and concentrate fire on you when you are on the distance of the LoS. So you can stun 'em and then get closer and finish 'em. And then heal yourself and your comrades.

Tzeentch fire can be good help when you see melee rushing to you. You can damage even the shiekd-wielder before the duel starts.

Nurgle vomit, imho, is one of the most useless spells and I use it only for fun and to annoy some enemies from the safe place in hope that they will act hasty and run into a trap of my comrades.

Daemonbolt. Well, i agree. It is a a bad version of long range grenade, but it's spammable and can be helpful when you try to help your comrades to get into good positions while you distract enemies. Sometimes I've managed to finish vehicles which were 1-2 shots from exploding. It usually happen when you cover the AV, but he got killed in process. I understand that's it's a rare situation, but daemonbolt is kinda universal tool. Yep, it's worse in any aspect, but it's the only spell that is so universal. I think that it must be rebalanced to become useful enough, but every faction in EC has it's own set of useless weapon, so i don't think that will happen soon.

As i said before, warlock nearly don't have attacking spells except lightning. I understand your thought about it's support class, but customization would bring some more fun to this dying game.

yes, warlock have a set of buff spells. I agree that protect could work, but i've seen that even under the protect I casted grim reaper with shuriken machinegun(i forgot how it's called on English, sry) couldn't outstand the LSM with heavy bolter. And that means that if he had an apoc near him - they would be much more useful team, than GR+W, though I understand that this comparision is not 100% correct.

P.S. I like the idea of protect spell, but, imho, it must be rebalanced as well, to become a usefull tool. Maybe it must be turned into mass invisibility shield? XD It covers all who inside it and makes em invisible just like scorp cloaking device, but only until you support it.
  6. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

yep, it's kinda glowing target saying "pls, throw nade here and shoot it, you'll kill many at once"
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

anything besides lash as a secondary spell is just subpar compared to lash , ur not a fighter so lash is here to make you win easily 1v1 fights to protect yourself , but it costs a lot of mana , the problem with the other spells is that they are weak/require a mark other than slaanesh/can be destroyed/cost a lot of LP
    lash is the best in slot by all means
    and for your darkreaper+warlock vs heavy bolter problem , the problem is between the chair and the keyboard , a darkreaper + protect vs heavy bolter cant mathematicaly lose , if it did lose then its a skill problem
  8. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

Mathematically it may be.
    I agree that i am quite a mediocre player. But in this situation I was warlock casting protect) ok, so it may be the problem of the GR, maybe it was because he was unbraced and bolter has higher supression rate? I am not sure. But the fact was that they started shooting at the same time, but GR fell on his knees while LSM was staying. I was casting protect from the beginning. LSM had no apoc near him at the moment, the distance was quite long.

What about the LoS - soon it will change. We'll see what it will become.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

both weapons have same dps , shuriken canon has more Suppression due to more Rof and he was protected , even if heavy bolter would have shot first to apply suppression first the DR would still have won , thats weird , so its either a skill or a luck problem so nothing to do with balance, and the devastator still could have been survival vialed some time before even if apoth was not near when the fight happened
  10. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

DR vs HB is quite often a setup favouring the DR, because the Shuriken Cannon is better at applying supression. I'd give the HB the edge on CQC or very long-, the DR on medium and extended range.
    The 50% damage-reduction from Protect should decide that fight tho.

Enhance is the true core spell ofc.