Background Image

Warlock... WTF..

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by RayneF, Jan 30, 2018.

1. nikel nikel Arkhona Vanguard

Bullshit, the only advantage of destructor is shieldbro penetration, with recent nerfs of fusion pistol it become more effective way to deal with them, but dps is totally insufficient to win any 1vs1 with anyone, even smart pistol scum.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Want to try ?
  3. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

I do find it interesting how the DA used to win fire fights up close, no buffs existed back than and nobody complained that the DA actually had a niche. But than the great EHP rebalance came and the DA fell apart.

Enhance really needs to go, it's holding the faction back and relying on a buff to reach PARITY is suuuuuuper bad game design. Eldar aren't ahead while buffed simply up to par.
  4. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

To be honest, I do agree that Sorcs spells look much more better than warlock. I play for every faction and, personally, i think that chaos has one of the best support classes in EC
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Elda have the best spells, Chaos just has a stronger synergy with high-EHP, high-toughness builds.
  6. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

Do eldar have smth like demonbolt, fire, or lash of Slaanesh-like paralyzing spells? Maybe they can heal and debuff enemies at the same time? I mean ,some spells of the eldar are the same with the ones of Chaos, but chaos has more wide variety and this makes it much more interesting. IMHO, nearly all spells in the sorcs arsenal are usefull and interesting. I have all gods sorcs (except of khorne, of course) +1 with daemonbolt and all of them look interesting to me. What about the warlock? I have two builds and, one of them is just for fun (called sith - with lightning, because it is rather bad compared to the fire of tzeentch or lash of slaanesh) the other is the only useful build. Not such a good choice. I understand that lack of choice is what you choose when you choose eldar (we can see it especially in the customization), but I don't think it's very lore-like.
  7. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Useless
    Useless
    Gimmick. Fun but still useless.
    We have Enhance, which is the best spell in the game, Embolden and Renewer, which are decent heals and Jinx and Protect, which are nice gimmicks for organized groups.
    Also Force, which makes the Warlock into our best melee-class. Although Scropions are more convenient.
    Aspiring Sorceres exist literally only for their pocket-heal (Renewer-equivalent) every, other spell is to kill newbies or troll people.
  8. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

I will reply in your manner.
    Enhance?
    Useless
    Protect?
    Useless
    Force?
    U kidding. Useless
    Nice conversation.
  9. nikel nikel Arkhona Vanguard

Sorc are better, warlock is a one trick buffbot, against competent opponent with nadetrics and good ttk all other spells dosnt work at all.
    data_angel likes this.
  10. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I'd say a 20% damage-reduction and 20% increase in hitscan damage, with effortless, 90% upkeep on 10 players for +50 LP is not exactly 'useless'.

Protect is tho. As I said: Gimmick. Fun tool for guilds, unless the enemy has Grenades.
    Force is useless in that all non-jump-melee is. However, if you want to play Eldar melee, Forcelock is your best option.

As for the other spells:
    -Flickering Fire is decent to finish off low-health targets, basically like a Pistol or just randomly spam enemies for some extra-damage. However, usually you re better off just healing someone on your team.
    -Demonbolt is crap. If you kill someone with it, its their own, bloody fault. Not saying it never happened to me, but its pretty damn rare and always well-deserved.
    -Lash is a good option, in particular to interrupt heavies or melee in their attacks, but you don't want to bring it into a duel, its still support-only, so you might aswell heal.