Background Image

Warlock... WTF..

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by RayneF, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

I was replying to monkey who implied that the warlock is supergood by exaggerating it's power and it's advantages.
  2. Farseer RayneF Steam Early Access

Ahh... I still argue and have been pushing for more Eldar content.. both here and other games..
    They NEED more power
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Never seen an Apothecary carry a game. A top-player can achieve amazing results but they would still be better if they just picked Tactical instead, which most of them do.
    Definitely carried some as Warlock tho.

Warlocks and Hawks are, hands down, my favorite classes in terms of balance. They do exactly what they are meant to do, not more and not less.
    Design is a different issue tho. I understand why some people would prefer to play Warlocks as combat-class, its just not their role in EC.
  4. I'm just saying how almost every spell is pretty decent. Both healing spells are great, enhance is awesome and even the lightning isn't as bad as some people say. Power swords are great as well.
    I don't get what you'd expect more from a healer.
  5. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Thats exactly what i meant with exaggerations. First of all you have to pick enhance which is pretty much mandatory to even bring the rest of your team on the same level as your opposition. If you dont pick that spell you could play a banshee with a healthpack. Then you are talking about healing spells beeing decent. Indeed they are run of the mill decent noone complained about that but the rest of the build and especially the "powersword" are just a big joke. You are not running a powersword you are running a stat stick since you need forcepower so you are sacrifing every modslot and your pistol for a) a tiny bit more survivability b) flat forcepower or forcepower regen (because against common believe buffing enhance and/or healing costs a truckload of power) and c) if you are a true carry warlock for an ammopack.

@Rheeva is right, a very good player can do amazing things with this class - like he/she can do with every class. I doubt her assessment that i.e. Leeroy couldnt carry a match with an apothecary. I think there were also quiet a few matches carried by Djpenguin on his "Dentist" or Mkoll from Blop (check youtube) doing just that.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Just stop comparing a combat medic to a buffbot please
  7. You can build how you want. Either buff heavy or combat heavy. Can't expect the best of both worlds.
  8. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

That's a silly argument. "I am not building that class for what it is supposed to be and playing a subpar melee class instead?" There is no combat heavy Warlock. You are either playing a good support or you are playing a bad support. No middleground and no excuses. That is pretty much why we have the issues with people running around as apothecaries not healing, not buffing or not picking people up. Unlike the Warlock that class can actually selfbuff itself to be a decent tactical without the silly pointcapturing but selfhealing and zombiegrenades.
    The warlocks offensive spells are just garbage, the weapon (since eldar dont have another weapontier to pick from) the warlock can pick combined with it's survivability is garbage compared to a dedicated melee class (which is intended and a good thing). No niche "meleeforcepower" will change that. If you want to play combatheavy do your team a service and play banshee (or actually scorpion since banshee is a joke), if you want to play a support, play a carry support and not some selfhealing hybridclass with bad spellchoices.

Edit: Just to make the point clear, if you are playing a warlock without enhance you are the type of person who plays apothecaries with grenades or firedragons without any meltabombs.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Destructor isnt that bad , it does ok damage , has no recoil/spread , is immune to suppression , cost negligeable charge , Shoot throught walls
  10. Fair point. You can gravitate somewhat towards melee or go full support i guess. Your issues are more with bolters on apothecaries then warlocks it seems.